Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 15 year old is really getting into trap but is still using the $4 orange safety glasses we got when he first started. Is there a better option without spending hundreds of dollars? One hundred would be ok, several hundred... not so much.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
These are what I got for my daughter. $169 is a bit over your budget, but you do get three lenses. We have been very pleased with them.

Reactions: BOXMAN76

·
Registered
418 Posts
My sons and I used $20 Radians T-85 shooting glasses for a long time. A couple of us switched to the Phantom 2.0 glasses because the Radians kept sliding down our noses. I bought Ranger Edge glasses for my sons, but one of them stuck with the Phantom 2.0 glasses, so I wear his pair of Ranger Edge glasses. If I had to choose one lens color, it would be HD Medium for me. One son would agree, the other likes Modified Brown.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
We have had great luck with SSP Eyewear. They offer a few different kits to meet you lense color needs. Check them out.

·
Registered
254 Posts
These are what I got for my daughter. $169 is a bit over your budget, but you do get three lenses. We have been very pleased with them.
Same as my 14yr old. Agreed great lenses and value for money.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought these on Amazon for my 16 year old -
Venture Gear Drop Zone Shooting Eyewear Kit with 4 Interchangeable Lenses
He really likes them. About $30

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 15 year old is really getting into trap but is still using the $4 orange safety glasses we got when he first started. Is there a better option without spending hundreds of dollars? One hundred would be ok, several hundred... not so much.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
SSP's won't break the bank and are good fitting

·
Registered
54 Posts
My kid is still shooting some beretta glasses ($20 in canada). I don't know if they are better than safety glasses but they have a few color options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My kids shoot $20 glasses with a Beretta label on the side. They don’t fog up in high humidity and stay on their face quiet well. Purple seems to be a calming color for some kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts