Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching Aerial America's episode on Roadside Attractions on the Smithsonian Channel this afternoon and they were featuring the Gettysburg Battlefield. My family stopped by there in the middle of a vacation when I was probably 14 or 15. I regret that I didn't appreciate our visit to such an historic place at the time. So I was looking around Gettysburg on Google Maps and zoomed in on the Eisenhower National Historic Site.

Then I noticed the clear outline of a skeet field, and right next to is was a trap field, set up only for 16 yards. I looked on the National Park Service's website for the Eisenhower NHS and could only find information about the shooting fields listed under the Self-Guided Tours section. It only mentions "A short walk from the Reception Center is Eisenhower's skeet range. A wayside exhibit details Ike's shooting prowess and explains the rules of trap and skeet."

Since the Eisenhower NHS website says they're closed indefinitely, I doubt it would be worth trying to contact them to see if it's even possible to shoot a round at the range. But it got me thinking: What are some of the more interesting or historic locations that shooting ranges can be found? What neat places have you shot at?

·
Premium Member
12,659 Posts
From the aerial view there are no targets on the ground, but I know a bunch of people who live in the area - I can make some phone calls...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts