Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a release shooter for past 10 years. Wanting to try out a hunting gun at singles all went well till about 15th bird and flinch returned big time. Next round a buddy shooter to my left suggested that he call "pull" for me instead of my doing it. No flinch at all that round Not practical at all but interesting.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Makes perfect sense to me I think my initial flinch was caused by not looking for a target correctly when I called Pull and being surprised by the target(looking at the bead instead while calling for a target) by the time I figured it out the flinch had stuck and I couldn't stop it...if someone else is calling for you your focusing more on seeing the target because your not sure when it's coming.Jerry

·
Registered
409 Posts
i can shoot ducks with a pull trigger, no problem......
i tried to shoot a round of skeet before season started with my hunting gun.......BIG PROBLEMS......flinched atleast 6 times in 25 birds

·
Super Moderator
3,098 Posts
i can shoot ducks with a pull trigger, no problem......
i tried to shoot a round of skeet before season started with my hunting gun.......BIG PROBLEMS......flinched atleast 6 times in 25 birds
Did you try skeet with the gun pre-mounted like trap? I flinch doing that, but I can shoot skeet and sporting flinch free if I keep it off my shoulder when I call. In fact, I can't shoot either of those with my release gun.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
The unmounted gun works for me in skeet until they throw the doubles then I automatically set the trigger for the second. I get off two of the fastest shots on the first bird.

Don

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
ExFedex
That is great practice for trap. It helps to keep you from anticipating the bird coming out of the house. The great Leo Harrison III taught that at his clinics

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts