Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IPCC, Government, and Insurance Enables Dangerous Behavior

The "money" paragraphs of the essay for me are these:

If you choose to live in areas such as “tornado alley” (Look at the chart of deadliest tornadoes and date of occurrence), the hurricane regions of the US southeast, high earthquake risk zones of the west coast, or even the bitterly cold and blizzard-prone regions of the north-central US, it must be with knowledge of the risks and liabilities. You can’t live in the flood plain of a river and not expect floods; its name means something. Despite that people live there and expect sympathy and help when it floods. The spirit and compassion of most people are that they step up to help, but shouldn’t we look at reducing the risk by limiting settlement in such regions?

One of the things I learned flying search and rescue across central and Arctic Canada is that most people get into trouble in dangerous areas by ignoring or downplaying the dangers. Several of my colleagues died in crashes while taking risks searching for these people. I tended to develop the view that I am my brother’s keeper, but I am not, nor should I be expected to be, my stupid brother’s keeper. We could begin by making all primary floodplain regions parks. There are few reasons for any occupation in these regions.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Between earthquakes, fires and mudslides California would be uninhabited. Then all those liberals would infect the rest of us.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
+1 for likes to shoot. Where would you suggest, seems to me that you pretty well covered everything\place. Ross Puls

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Most people live in Floodplains because they cannot afford the high ground.It is
a risk they have to live with. Hopefully most can afford flood insurance.The same
is true with Tornados. Tornado Alley is farming and ranching country.l'll take my
Chances with NATURE over a crowded Metropolitan area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts