Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today on the Larry Kuldlow radio show I heard several guests speculating on the possibility that THIS Congress might vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare). The reasoning is that Dems standing for election in 2014 might join with Republicans to vote for repeal in order to give them something to run on.

Of course, if the Congress does not vote for repeal with a veto-proof majorinty, the law would still stand. Is this a Demo0crat ploy to vote against this law knowing full well that it would survive their synical strategy? Just enough Dems would vote for repeal to give it a majority but not enough to make it veto-proof. It would be a win-win for the Dems. Put NOTHING past these SOBs!

·
Premium Member
18,864 Posts
The Dems, I think, are nervous about the 2014 elections. This healthcare rollout has messed up their nest, and they are trying to distance themselves from it. IMHO, more people have bought hunting licenses and conceal carry permits, than have signed up for Obamascare.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Just remember that the 47% of voters don't care....just as long as they are receiving free stuff....

Unfortunately the working american is in a lose lose situation!!

Curt

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
I'll eat your socks if this Congress repeals ObamaCare. No chance whatsoever of that happening. At most they would delay it or adjust some of the stupidity of its mathmatical fallacy.

-Gary

·
Registered
14,694 Posts
birdogs, If the Unaffordable Care Act continues to hurt the Dems (per their polls), the administration will simply delay parts of the bill so the pain is not felt till after the next election.

Screw whats best for the American people, they have to win an election. And Curt is right. A large percentage don't care as long as they don't lose their free stuff.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree that the possibility of having the Dems join with the Republicans to vote for repeal is counter-intuitive BUT..,... Just think how such a move would make them look to the majority of voters.

First, the blacks will vote for the Dems regardless; many Hispanics as well.

Second, those independents who oppose Obamacare may be fooled into voting for the Dems who voted for repeal.

Third, the repeal vote will not be sufficient to over-ride a Presidential veto so the law remains in place - unchanged.

The Dems get elected AND the law stays in place. The Dems get everything they want and their low-information constituency remains intact. This could be a very interesting strategy and one that might just work. remember that we are now dealing with a very divided country in which about 50% of then people pay taxes whhile the rest get the bulk of the benefits. How better to play this game than to play both sides against the middle?

ps The word is cynical not synical as I previously posted. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
18,864 Posts
It's the money. What ever fills their war chests, is the way they will vote.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts