Trapshooters Forum banner

Interesting Perazzi find.....

3209 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  lhedrick1
Anyone ever see a TM1 barrel like this?

The top barrel is a 4XXX serial # range with step rib and standard forarm latch like any of the TM1s I've owned.

The bottom has a rib very similar to the MX3/ MX8 ramp rib models and the forarm latch is similar to a MX type 3 series gun. Serial # on this gun is the earliest I've seen at 1XX.

Early prototype?
Wood Trigger Line Material property Wood stain
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Anyone ever see a TM1 barrel like this?

The top barrel is a 4XXX serial # range with step rib and standard forarm latch like any of the TM1s I've owned.

The bottom has a rib very similar to the MX3/ MX8 ramp rib models and the forarm latch is similar to a MX type 3 series gun. Serial # on this gun is the earliest I've seen at 1XX.

Early prototype?
View attachment 1758351
Is the bottom barrel stamped TM1 or Comp1?

The early guns were Comp1's and evolved into TM1's.

· Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Neither the barrel or receiver is actually stamped TM1. It does have the date code XXVI which would put it at 1970 production. Also the typical 0800, MAP, CAM 70 markings. Stamped with 1 star which I believe is a Xfull choke.

Not sure if this looks like a re-soldered rib? The splice between the rib itself and the ramb looks a bit odd but not sure if that's due to re-soldering or its age. That forend latch is the real kicker :unsure:
Wood Cylinder Office equipment Material property Shotgun
Material property Trigger Shotgun Air gun Gun accessory

· Registered
137 Posts
An old shooting friend of mine had TM-1 serial # 99 it was 34 inch barrel with .050 thousands choke,
it had the flat rib like the lower barrel you show in your picture. I don't remember what the forend
latch was like. I always wanted to buy it from him, but he wouldn't sell it, don't know what ever
happend to it.

· Registered
3,828 Posts
You old barrel is from a prototype very early TM gun.I have s/n 73, one of 5 guns proposed for adaption in 1969.
The barrel lug is just like the one pictured, but this barrel will not fit later TM guns, receiver end is slightly different, and it does not have the push button FE release.

· Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You old barrel is from a prototype very early TM gun.I have s/n 73, one of 5 guns proposed for adaption in 1969.
The barrel lug is just like the one pictured, but this barrel will not fit later TM guns, receiver end is slightly different, and it does not have the push button FE release.
Mine is the same way. The barrel, forend and receiver are all the same serial number and no newer pieces parts will interchange.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.