Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine had just installed a new stock and forearm. He shot it for a week or so then it started doubling on him. Not every time but enough to get you worried if it did. He gave it to me and I removed the stock to see if there was any obvious issues. Other than the typical grime you might see it was mechanically ok to me. I cleaned and lubed it and for about 100 rounds seem to be fine then it started doubling again. He sent it back to Krieghoff and its all better now. Can anyone guess what the problem was? I'll tell you later. JT

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,803 Posts
An issue with the stock bolt touching something in the receiver?

A poorly adjusted recoil device attached to the stock?

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
Had that issue on a release K-80. It would not set for the second barrel when bottom barrel fired first. I caught it, but sent it back to Ottsville and had a pad installed while it was there. They replaced the stock bolt, I would have shortened it about 1/16".

·
Registered
53 Posts
A buddy of mine had just installed a new stock and forearm. He shot it for a week or so then it started doubling on him. Not every time but enough to get you worried if it did. He gave it to me and I removed the stock to see if there was any obvious issues. Other than the typical grime you might see it was mechanically ok to me. I cleaned and lubed it and for about 100 rounds seem to be fine then it started doubling again. He sent it back to Krieghoff and its all better now. Can anyone guess what the problem was? I'll tell you later. JT
Stock bolt wayy too long.......seen it on a browning broadway.

·
Registered
342 Posts
After Norbert told me to select with the gun open...I never had a problem again...he never told me what caused the doubling in the first place..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts