Registered
4,046 Posts
I think Allem's made those barrels.

I wonder who made that release.
I only see one hammer in the trigger.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
John Allem made the first unsingle barrels for Perazzi shotguns using Kreighoff K-80 barrel tubes in Perazzi monoblocs in or about 1989. He wanted Perazzi to make an unsingle but they didn't seem interested so he introduced his hybrid guns at the Grand and three local shooters brought guns back with them. He also made unsingles for Krieghoff Model 32s at about the same time and I can recall two of them being shot on a regular basis locally. He still has one new-in-the-white hybrid barrel in his shop.

He felt that Perazzi made the best triggers and Krieghoff the best barrels and wanted to build a "best of both worlds" trap gun. It wasn't very long after his hybrids hit the market that Perazzi brought out their own unsingles.

Ed

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
John Allem made the first unsingle barrels for Perazzi shotguns using Kreighoff K-80 barrel tubes in Perazzi monoblocs in or about 1989. He wanted Perazzi to make an unsingle but they didn't seem interested so he introduced his hybrid guns at the Grand and three local shooters brought guns back with them. He also made unsingles for Krieghoff Model 32s at about the same time and I can recall two of them being shot on a regular basis locally. He still has one new-in-the-white hybrid barrel in his shop.

He felt that Perazzi made the best triggers and Krieghoff the best barrels and wanted to build a "best of both worlds" trap gun. It wasn't very long after his hybrids hit the market that Perazzi brought out their own unsingles.

Ed
Actually Ed, Simmons may have been the first to make an unsingle for a Perazzi then. A friend of mine had one made in 78' and I in 79'. A few others were made for others.

·
Registered
489 Posts
A trapshooter from Fairfield, CA had a gun identical to the one in the picture built for himself back in the late 1990's. He used to shoot it all the time at the Martinez Gun Club. John

·
Registered
298 Posts
My brother made a casting for perazzi mono blocks for allem in 1978 and he made me a mod.32 Remington unsingle. I don't know if he ever made any bbls with that mono block. I also had one of Simmons first unsingle combo gun for a 3200 rem.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
fixed choke, only lower release trigger (no selector, heck, no hammer or sear pictured), and very ugly (worn engraving, pits/dents/scratches, gaudy gold plating in poor condition). I wouldn't think it'd be worth much.

Refinishing it to look good would probably be difficult due to the degree of pits/dents and the gold plating.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
A trapshooter from Fairfield, CA had a gun identical to the one in the picture built for himself back in the late 1990's. He used to shoot it all the time at the Martinez Gun Club. John

Seems I remember George Runkle shooting one at the California State Shoot many years ago....

·
Registered
148 Posts
In the mid 80's I had 2 unsingles for a Perazzi built by Stan Baker one had a .745 bore the other was a .800 bore. Baker supplied both mono blocks for these barrels. On another note my son had a O/U big bore (.800) built by Stan Baker but he had to supply the mono block. Just for information.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts