Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Absolutely.

SIAI is your best bet, $1.25 per $100 value if I remember correct for a year's worth of coverage.
The $1.25 per $100 is correct.........best coverage you can have......I know, I had a claim & couldn't be happier with the service...........PM me for details if you wish.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have purchased excess luggage insurance when flying on airline. There is a limit of $5000 per piece so that it doesn't cost a whole lot. This puts the airline on notice that they will pay if the gun grows legs.

T

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
That's good to know, I've looked at SIAI but haven't went through with it yet. If people have had good experiences that goes a long way in my decision. My biggest fear is something happening on FedEx/UPS to and from the gunsmith, since everything I've read is that getting the shipping to company to pay a claim is near impossible.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
SIAI covers your gun while it's being shipped to & from the gunsmith, if fact I'm not sure what it doesn't cover if anything...........:icon_neutral:

My claim came when my MX15 was knocked out of a gunrack at the MO Fall Handicap a couple of years ago............SIAI covered the refinish + shipping both ways. Made me a happy camper!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the whole process (application/payment) through SIAI was pretty painless - good for a year, and not just a plane ride

·
Super Moderator
5,331 Posts
the whole process (application/payment) through SIAI was pretty painless - good for a year, and not just a plane ride
Good for replacement value too. And they cover any listed add-ons like custom stocks, choke tubes, etc.

from SIAI Gun Insurance Frequently Asked Questions

"What items can I insure?

Insurance is available for all types of firearms including custom guns and for additional gunsmithing, custom work, optics, cases, extra items and accessories. Examples include extra barrels, stocks and triggers, chokes, sub gauge choke tubes, custom engraving, aftermarket stocks and grips, adjustable combs, recoil devices, porting, forcing cones, scope mounts, and so forth. We also can insure optics such as rifle scopes, spotting scopes, and binoculars."

·
Registered
785 Posts
What do they require if anything for proof of value, or is it a stated value policy?
I have a few custom made NFA items that would be difficult to value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
232 Posts
The $1.25 per $100 is correct.........best coverage you can have......I know, I had a claim & couldn't be happier with the service...........PM me for details if you wish.
Thanks. That would make me feel pretty good about it, knowing someone has had a good experience with a claim.
I took a look at the website and it sounds almost too good to be true! If I traveled with my guns I would sure as heck have it and am thinking about it even though I don't.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am currently working through a claim with SIAI. They have been great to work with. In fact, their representative was the one who told me the damage on my K80 is covered in my policy.
Can't recommend them enough. Well worth the cost of the premium.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Plus 3 on SIAI. I am an insurance broker for my day job and it's who I use for my guns. I also read the fine print, and one of the policy "conditions" to be very aware of is that you can NOT have any exterior indication of a firearm or sticker showing brand on the outside of the case!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Plus 3 on SIAI. I am an insurance broker for my day job and it's who I use for my guns. I also read the fine print, and one of the policy "conditions" to be very aware of is that you can NOT have any exterior indication of a firearm or sticker showing brand on the outside of the case!
Jacksback, If we have the same version of the policy that limitation only applies when the value of the firearm(s) in the case exceeds $50,000. Even then, coverage is limited to 50% of the value. It's not a total exclusion.

From the policy:

E.3. Limitations for One or More Firearms with a Combined Value in Excess of $50,000
In addition to the above conditions, when using one hard case or piece of luggage to ship or transport one or more firearms with a combined insured value in excess of $50,000:
a. The locked hard case must not show any insignia or distinguishing emblems that would indicate its use as a gun case or, alternatively,
b. The firearm(s), after being packed in a hard case, may be placed inside another unmarked case or inside an exterior shipping container such as a cardboard box.
Coverage is limited to 50% of the scheduled value for each firearm that is shipped or transported and does not meet all of these requirements.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Free insurance that many don't take advantage of...

One of the benefits of NRA membership is your eligibility for $2,500 in ArmsCare Firearms Insurance. There’s no cost to you for this insurance, but you do have to activate it.

What’s covered

This insurance protects your legal firearms and their attached accessories, such as scopes, rings, mounts, slings and sling swivels, up to $2,500 in value.

Once you have activated your coverage, you have protection for your firearms and accessories from:

• Damage
  • Fire
  • Theft (including theft from a locked vehicle)
  • Loss
There’s no need to provide a list of your firearms and their values for this no-cost coverage, and we never require serial numbers.

Get your protection activated today!

It only takes a few minutes to complete your one-time No Cost ArmsCare Firearms Insurance activation.

Firearms Insurance - No Cost ArmsCare® For NRA Members

1 - 19 of 19 Posts