Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some photos I stole off the internet for those of you curious about what the inside of a bunker looks like. No idea where this is, but it looked from the post like maybe Argentina???

Dunno.

Premium Member
Now the truth comes out. Internet photo's indeed! You didn't go down there to build a powerplant, you were sent down there to escape the cold weather and collect specifications on the building of the bunker trap! Pretty sneaky Tim. Is there room at Powder Creek for a bunker? 馃槂 By the way, it is minus 10 degrees F. here this morning!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that set up used for multiple squads at once, or would one squad use all of those traps?
One squad. 5 posts. Three machines in front of each post. 15 machines total for one trap field. In front of each post, one machine throws a left, one throws a right and one a straight. No oscillation.

Registered
I copied this off the internet for those that have never seen bunker.

Most club members probably have never used the International Bunker Trap; maybe other members have never heard about it at all. There are two primary differences between Bunker Trap and American Trap. The first is that an Amateur Trapshooting Association (ATA) clay target flies at 45 mph; however, an International Bunker Trap clay target flies at 68 mph. The Bunker's extra target speed requires a shooter to have faster reaction times. The second difference is that Bunker Trap targets fly at wider angles than American Trap, up to 45 degrees, and may also be thrown higher or lower. Each shooter gets the same targets during a round of 25, but a shooter does not know for sure in what sequence the targets will be thrown.

Do not worry if you have never done it before. We will provide you an orientation of the Bunker Trap Range so you can feel comfortable and have fun while experiencing the challenge for yourself. Also, the shooting stands are under cover. This is an added bonus this time of the year providing shooters an opportunity to minimize direct sun exposure while at the range during the heat of the summer.

It is recommended that a shooter have a twelve (12) gauge shotgun with 28-inch barrels or longer, with modified or full chokes. This will increase your ability to hit the targets.

Registered

Registered
I'm impressed how clean it is for a trap house. Also no door is apparent.
There are entry points at each end. Here at Tucson Trap they are steel doors that swing up and back then a flight of steps into the bunker. With the open space and easy access not keeping the bunker clean would border on criminal negligence.

By the way Tucson Trap has five bunkers.

Al

Reactions: dan-l

Registered
Very impressive! Going to need several loaders! Would love to see some video from the shooters perspective and in the house while in action.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Keeping in mind, that for one round 25 targets shot by 6 shooters, the total number of targets thrown is 12 for 10 of the machines (the ones throwing lefts and rights) and the other 5 (center) machines throw only 6 targets.

It's not like an ATA machine where one machine throws 125 targets for a squad of 5.

Reactions: Big Az Al

Registered
I copied this off the internet for those that have never seen bunker.

Most club members probably have never used the International Bunker Trap; maybe other members have never heard about it at all. There are two primary differences between Bunker Trap and American Trap. The first is that an Amateur Trapshooting Association (ATA) clay target flies at 45 mph; however, an International Bunker Trap clay target flies at 68 mph. The Bunker's extra target speed requires a shooter to have faster reaction times. The second difference is that Bunker Trap targets fly at wider angles than American Trap, up to 45 degrees, and may also be thrown higher or lower. Each shooter gets the same targets during a round of 25, but a shooter does not know for sure in what sequence the targets will be thrown.

Do not worry if you have never done it before. We will provide you an orientation of the Bunker Trap Range so you can feel comfortable and have fun while experiencing the challenge for yourself. Also, the shooting stands are under cover. This is an added bonus this time of the year providing shooters an opportunity to minimize direct sun exposure while at the range during the heat of the summer.

It is recommended that a shooter have a twelve (12) gauge shotgun with 28-inch barrels or longer, with modified or full chokes. This will increase your ability to hit the targets.
Just to mention . You get 2 shots at each target. My experience is 68 mph was a slow target into the wind. Targets where traveling like the devil was chasing them. The first shot was just to scare them and the 2nd. to get them.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The first shot was just to scare them and the 2nd. to get them.
In my experience, which admittedly isn't that much, if you didn't get them on the first shot, the second was just a "blind luck" if you got it.

Registered
Tried the bunker at Ben Avery, North Phoenix. Takes skill I don鈥檛 have.

Premium Member
Tim your pictures are all good! It appears to maybe be different bunkers under construction. just looking at the depth of the bunker in relation to the ceiling and the top of the Laporte carousel it could be hard to load if your short?

Heartland Shooting Park in Grand Island Ne has a fairly new Bunker but I have yet to see it open .

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.