Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m just curious about silver inlays in butt stocks! I guess I’m not sure what the purpose is? If it’s just decorative or if it serves a purpose? Such as initials for personalizing. I have a 100 year old piece of wood that has passed through a few hands, before I got ahold of it. It was done a long time ago from what I can tell? I have seen similar on beretta stocks, but just curious! Thanks

· Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Hi I’m just curious about silver inlays in butt stocks! I guess I’m not sure what the purpose is? If it’s just decorative or if it serves a purpose? Such as initials for personalizing. I have a 100 year old piece of wood that has passed through a few hands, before I got ahold of it. It was done a long time ago from what I can tell? I have seen similar on beretta stocks, but just curious! Thanks View attachment 1730133 View attachment 1730134 View attachment 1730135
I think there could be a problem with the Model 12 with the engraving plate. I think I read somewhere that there is a space underneath the plate that might contain some type of fissionable material. I strongly suggest you send the gun to me and I’ll remedy the problem for you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.