Trapshooters Forum banner

Information on a BT 99 Pigeon grade

1578 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Chief 701
I recently purchased the above referenced gun. From what I was told, the gun was sold in 1981 at Vandalia. It is a fixed choked gun, and shoots very well. Supposedly the chamber and trigger were improved, and the barrel ported by a master gunsmith named Miller. I’m wondering who Mr. Miller was and was he in fact a master gunsmith. I think he honed the chamber and smoothed out the trigger. I’m wondering if that was standard practice back then.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
8,285 Posts
I recently purchased the above referenced gun. From what I was told, the gun was sold in 1981 at Vandalia. It is a fixed choked gun, and shoots very well. Supposedly the chamber and trigger were improved, and the barrel ported by a master gunsmith named Miller. I’m wondering who Mr. Miller was and was he in fact a master gunsmith. I think he honed the chamber and smoothed out the trigger. I’m wondering if that was standard practice back then.
Porting would have been aftermarket.

I know where two unmolested Pigeons are and both have excellent triggers. But maybe you could polish the hammer and sear and make them slightly sweeter.

There was a heck of a gunsmith back in PA by the name of Miller.

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pheasant master, the Miller you mentioned was probably the one I was told worked on the gun. He did the porting, trigger work and did something internally. Not sure what, but I think did some honing or polishing. I bought the gun from a friend at the club who bought it from another friend that provided the information. He no longer shoots with us, so the information I have is rather slim. I do know that the gun is heavily engraved and has some beautiful wood. It has the normal handling marks from a gun this old, but it still looks good. I’ve been trying to buy it for the last three years and the owner finally decided to sell as he’s getting pretty long in the tooth. I’m thrilled to finally have it on my possession.

6,495 Posts
The deep relief Pigeon is the Browning Grade 2. I have a 79 version with the straight stock... my pimp gun...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.