Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about these guns, how or they, do they hold up as well as other krieghoff and what is the price range of one in 90% to 95% condition. any information would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I have no facts at the moment, but I heard a friend (who is into K-guns) talk of them once, and didn't have anything good to say about them, "definately not a worthy successor to the Krieghoff 32" as he put it. They were short lived also.

John E.

·
Premium Member
10,339 Posts
They are a k32 frame with K32 innards

A legal or not, attempt to get around distribution and contract rights- made early in the K32 import process-

most look like some type of san remo- so it is in the eye of the beholder

they are worth less than a comparable K32 with equal engraving-- how much? who knows

they dont say krieghoff on them

most have been sold as normal k32s in later years

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
11 Posts
I lived and worked in West Germany in the late '60s thru the mid '70s. While there I purchased two "Europa - Model 62" shotguns personally from Victor Brandl in Munich. One was a Skeet Gun with 28" barrels and the other was a Trap Gun with 30" barrels. I sent the Skeet Gun back to the US and had Purbaugh install a set of his 20ga, 28ga and .410cal skeet tubes which I used for shooting American Skeet at US Military bases throughout West Germany. Prior to moving from West Germany back to the US I sold the M62 with tubes. I still have and shoot my Trap M62. Years ago I had Hal duPoint fit a 32" top single to this gun with serial numbers to match that of the M62 receiver. I have had Krieghoff International do an upgrade on the receiver and perform several CLA's on this gun. With the exception of the engraving on the receiver my Trap M62 is a 100% Krieghoff gun. The O/U barrel is marked: MODEL 32 - 12 GA. BOHLER LAUFSTAHL and on the bottom of the lower chamber there are proof stamps, serial number and " KRIEGHOFF ULM". Some people mistakenly think that since this gun is marked "EUROPA -MODEL 62" it was imported by Hal DuPont's EUROPA CORPORATION as a M32, engraving added to the receiver and sold by them as a EUROPA CORPORATION product. This was not the case.

Blaine Baker
Dayton, Ohio

PS: Somewhere in the shooting world there is "my" M62 with Purbough Tubes that I would like to buy back.

·
Premium Member
10,339 Posts
They did market them in Europe as well as has been pointed out.

If a barrel says Krieghoff on it- it wasnt a US barrel or more likely it is just a K32 barrel that was added by someone- serial numbers mean nothing- they comee and go at the touch of a file or stamp

Regards from Iowa

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.