Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B-I-L thinks I know way more than I do about guns in general. He has come across a still boxed after 15 years (a guess by the spouse of the uncle) from a recently deceased uncle. It is a semi-auto in 12 ga with the following printed on the barrel. Sarsilmaz, Silah, Sanayi, Kaynasli, 12 Ga, 3"

I know dang little, although I do own a Turkish shotgun myself, a Yildiz 20 ga. Other than this, I'm clueless, and hoping someone on here can offer some knowledge.

Thanks,

Cary

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
I did some Google research. It looks like it was imported into the U.S., by an importer some decades ago, and is not worth much. Probably nearly impossible to get replacement parts. Probably a disposable gun, shoot it till it breaks, and might be worth a couple hundred dollars to someone, not me.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did some Google research. It looks like it was imported into the U.S., by an importer some decades ago, and is not worth much. Probably nearly impossible to get replacement parts. Probably a disposable gun, shoot it till it breaks, and might be worth a couple hundred dollars to someone, not me.
Thanks oregunner,

I kinda think that is what b-i-l will do. I checked on that other shotgun sight, they had a category that I queried. I gathered, more or less, that Sarsilmaz will not repair or offer parts for any of the companies they purchased, but only the guns they built afterward. They also appeared to be more in the assault weapon industry than shotguns. Perhaps shotguns was just kept as a favor to someone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts