Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Krieghoff K80
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents....Recently bought a 2003 K80 R & I to replace my vintage 1981 Logo model. The wood seemed to attach to R & I smoothly, as did my current unsingle bbl to new receiver. Gun opens/closes smoothly, however, I have not shot it as of yet. Question: Although it appears all went well, is there something (even the smallest detail) I should be looking for, to inform me components need professional fitting ?? Any help appreciated..........Frank

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
Info please on K80

If it all fits together easily chances are it will be okay, KI recommends all barrels be fitted to a receiver. Have I shot barrels that have not been fitted yes did it make a difference I don't know. It's a good idea to have someone look at it. It a small price to pay. Last time I needed barrels for I went to KI and they looked and said it was fine and didn't charge me. If there is a dealer close to you have them look at it

·
Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80...
560 Posts
Info please on K80

You need to have the head space checked out. Send it to an authorized Krieghoff repair shop or directly to Krieghoff in PA. I recommend Christ Maest in Nj.

·
Krieghoff K80
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Info please on K80

Thx Jonathan and Dixie.........Better safe than sorry, need to take a ride to Ottsville soon enough anyway. Dixie.....Lady I spoke to in Princeton said they service their own customers first (guns bought there)..........then all others "when they get a chance". I'm sure service is top notch if you're a regular client...........Thx again, Frank

·
Registered
759 Posts
Info please on K80

Better let Don at KI check the wood to metal fit. Just because it goes on doesn't mean it fits!!! Wood needs preventative maintenance also. Larry

·
Krieghoff K80
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Info please on K80

Thx Larry.........I'm kinda new at swapping K80 components. Just needed some reassurance from you guys. I thought it should be looked at, but wasn't quite sure. Regards, Frank

·
Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80...
560 Posts
Info please on K80

Frank, I would guess that previous clients have higher priority over a non client...it happnes at other places as well.. Ever try to get work done at Allems? They told a me 3 mos..my friend called them ( client) and they said 1 week...so go figure. They all will work on your gun, but in just a different time frame. They all do excellant work . Do have the wood fit checked out..dont want to crack it. Bernie

·
Registered
967 Posts
Info please on K80

Call krieghoff and make an appointment. Don't figure on just showing up and getting it done right away. For something minor like a barrel fit, Allems is a little cheaper and they usually can get to it in 1-2 days. I just had one done there and they charged me $65 and took 1 day. That kind of small stuff they do in between jobs. Like the guys said above, they might fit, but the head space is the issue.

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
Info please on K80

It's all who you know, most places you could schedule an appointment and wait on a job like that. Allems will fit a barrel in a half hour or less

When you drop 6k on a fancy new stock I would think they would drop everything and not make you wait a day

·
Krieghoff K80
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Info please on K80

Bernie....I totally agree and could understand that, good customers take priority. Allems is a lot cheaper ! I just had an annual there about 6 months ago....Allems..$175.....KI...$300. Also Allems updated my receiver (new coil spring, hammers, trigger axle) for almost 1/2 what KI wanted ! Being an authorized K dealer...I also got all warranties on parts/service. The only downside.....was told by Allems they don't do walk-in service (even with appointment), like Ottsville does. I just hate putting guns in the mail.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Info please on K80

My retrofitted skeet gun barrels have excessive headspace that you can see light through. I was told not to worry about it as long as everything is tight and the gun never misfires. I've been shooting it that way for decades, no problem. Except for light primer strikes, please tell me what else bad could happen.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Info please on K80

You folks sure we are talking about the same place?.... Allem's ?

You pull up to the shop and the valet takes your car, once business is finished inside, it's to the Country Club for dinner and drinks and some after dinner liquor and fine cigars. When they bring you back to the shop, your gun is ready, your car has been washed and waxed and the inside detailed and they fill the gas tank for you.

Don't they do that for everyone?

Brenda & Vern

1 - 17 of 17 Posts