Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
How about the Browning recoil less it opened like a break open.I knew a guy who shot one he seemed to like it.
I shoot a Browning Recoilless 30” model. They are a single load bolt action gun, they don’t break open. It truly does have minimal recoiled, and the guys at the club that shoot it are always shaking their heads with how light the recoil is. The gun was only made for three years and wasn’t well received. It was expensive. Some thought it was ugly, but mine breaks clays. Some didn’t like the reset on the trigger, but it’s a single shot game so resets not that big a deal to me. The cocking mechanism is troublesome, but there is a workaround that is actually pretty easy. I find the gun works pretty well, and is easy to maintain. I like mine well enough that for league, it comes out ahead of my break open and semi auto trap guns. I am always on the lookout for another one.

Trigger Air gun Material property Gun barrel Font

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
You said you didn't want an 1100. I shot one for a while, it did pretty good. I tried a Beretta 391 trap. I felt it was a better feeling gun, and the shim system made it easy to adjust the stock to fit me fine. It never failed. I think the compensating gas system did a fine job on a wide range of shells. Gentle recoil, easy to maintain. I have no experience with the break open semi auto you are looking at, but the less parts a machine has, is the less things to go wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Cosmi shotguns are unique. However, never seen one.

·
Premium Member
4,234 Posts
I shoot a Browning Recoilless 30” model. They are a single load bolt action gun, they don’t break open. It truly does have minimal recoiled, and the guys at the club that shoot it are always shaking their heads with how light the recoil is. The gun was only made for three years and wasn’t well received. It was expensive. Some thought it was ugly, but mine breaks clays. Some didn’t like the reset on the trigger, but it’s a single shot game so resets not that big a deal to me. The cocking mechanism is troublesome, but there is a workaround that is actually pretty easy. I find the gun works pretty well, and is easy to maintain. I like mine well enough that for league, it comes out ahead of my break open and semi auto trap guns. I am always on the lookout for another one.

View attachment 1784828
I've never shot a gun that had less recoil than this gun. It seemed like you could feel a ton of parts operating when you shot it.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Browning Recoilless has possibly the worst trigger I’ve ever felt in a target shotgun. Lock time wouldn’t be measured in milliseconds but possibly seconds 😂😂 BUT recoil was almost nonexistent. Dependability was definitely a issue in the one I shot. The young man’s grandfather had a difficult time keeping it running.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I second or third the 391, very little recoil.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts