Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, thank you . That is the one.
anyone on the forum use one?
Do you recommend it over an
1100?

·
Registered
11,581 Posts
The A UGB-25 was too expensive for most who wanted an auto loader. It didn't hold up to well and never got a large following. It was a short lived venture by Beretta .To each his own but ,I would look at the later Berettas if you want new. . If you are in the market for a used gun ( which the AUGB-25 will be if you find one ) I would look for a Beretta 391 or an 1100 Competition. There was a thread on this gun back about 4 or 5 years ago and it did not receive good reviews .

·
Super Moderator
Perazzi MX10RS 32/34 Combo w/Allor tuned barrels, K80 Parcours 32"
3,463 Posts
Did you try doing a search?

·
Registered
777 Posts
I remember when they were introduced and could be test fired at the Grand in Vandalia. Or was it the OH state shoot?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
A guy who shot the time slot before me on leagues had one. Every night he had problems with it and became angry and frustrated, then he got rid of it. I liked the IDEA of it, but wouldn't even try one after what I saw.

Reactions: Pgunmx

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had a UGB. It is not a gas operated gun. I did not have problems; worked fine but it did not work with less than 1 1/8 loads. A gas beretta is softer shooting and they feed 1 oz and 7/8 reliably.

·
Registered
12,063 Posts
A shooting buddy of mine own a UGB-25 for a short time. He really liked attention he got when he shot it at the range. Everyone wanted to see this new break-open automatic at first. Alas, it was a short lived venture. He sold it within the year, at a loss!!! If you tried to take it apart or had a problem with the shotgun. It had to be shipped back to Beretta. No gunsmith had any idea how to work on these guns when they first came out. There were no U-tube video's to watch to even show you how to reassemble the gun if you wanted to place it in a break-down case. It was a pretty ugly gun if you ask me.

I agree with the above poster. If you want a good gas operated auto? Buy a older Beretta 390 or 391. You will not be disappointed. The newer A-400 are good too, but lack the better trigger the older models have. break em all jeff

·
Registered
759 Posts
I shot a UGB for a while, it was a loaner when they were new. The nicest thing I can say about it was I didn't loose any money when I gave it back. There was NO cast in the stock, it recoiled like a Benelli and that "toilet" handle they installed to open it was, well better suited to a toilet. They were complicated, expensive, awkward, anyway with all the1100's the whole 300 & 400 family or Berettas and my favorite the ole Winchester Super X-1 and so many others to choose from, unless it's just something you have to do, DON'T.... Andy

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I have a friend who shoots one for doubles. Has never had a problem when I shot with him. I remember someone selling them at the KS State shoot right after they were introduced.
Steve

·
Registered
105 Posts
The UGB-25 was developed to answer a question that wasn’t asked. We saw it when first introduced at the “Grand”. They even admittEd,at the time, that they couldn’t get it to work properly. The problem was transfering the second round into position to chamber it. Destined for failure.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I have two UGBs. About 30k rounds through the first one (30” barrel) and just bought a 28” barreled one. Fun guns with no real issues. Sure is nice setting an auto on the pad like the OUs betweenshots.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
How about the Browning recoil less it opened like a break open.I knew a guy who shot one he seemed to like it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts