Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference between the 1100 Trap receiver and the field receiver? I have the receiver and the barrels from a field gun that I have had for years. I have a problem installing the barrel and a hell of a time getting it off the receiver. Something seems wrong, the fit is way too tight. Herb

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I have multiple 1100s and even more assorted barrels. There is a range of tolerance, but they should all interchange. Some of mine are pretty snug, and I have had to beat at them with a rubber hammer, hitting the barrel ring, until they come loose. A little sanding on the barrel extension and a little lube usually does the trick. Mark

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Mark the extension with a crayon or something that will rub off, then "try" installing the bbl, wherever the crayon is rubbed off is where you need to do some CAREFUL filing. It's a file a LITTLE and check process, will most likely take several tries. Bluing can be touched up with cold blue. Not an uncommon thing. Ross Puls

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ross, I haven't heard from you in a while. How did you like that nice white present I sent you a couple days ago. I am planning a trip across the SE whenever the leaves get back on the trees. Now that I have a number that will work, I will call you when I get into the area. Thanks to all for the info. Herb

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
In the early 1970's a Rem rep told us that trap and skeet guns utilized the magnum receiver which was stronger than the field model. Marc

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
It is my understanding that the magnum gun had a more robust action bar assembly, but that all other parts were the same. Mark

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had my field model 1100 since 1963, and have only replaced the firing pin and the pickle fork, which I got gratis from a gentleman on TS. I have since given away a firing pin and spring keeper that goes in the top of the magazine. I will be cleaning up that 1100 this afternoon. Hooray! It's 52 degrees and I can get outside. Some more rough weather headed to S. Indiana starting tonight. (Right after games in Spencer, IN) I hope) Herb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts