Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from a friend asking where he could get primers, as his local distributor is out of stock. It's a comedy of errors, according to my source, partly due to Remington going out of business, and Federal's production of STS/Nitro being added to their lines. Also, that most primer production is going into new ammo being bought up by worried folks who think Biden is gonna come for their guns. There's a good side to this, though. There are good buys on other components, and especially, Alliant & Hodgden powders. It's a great time to stock up on shot & wads as well.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I quit serious reloading about 5 years ago, I still load some small gauge and specialty low pressure loads for my LC Smiths when I need them. I still pickup components when I can get them at a good price, I look at it like a savings account, since I don't have a good source of target loads nearby. With the rolling shortages we have had for the last 15 years it makes sense to be able run out a couple of hundred rounds if you can't get your hands on factory loads.

·
Registered
11,539 Posts
Also, that most primer production is going into new ammo being bought up by worried folks who think Biden is gonna come for their guns.
Yeah...everybody said that about Obama and it never happened.

Biden is nowhere near as liberal as Obama. Biden's almost a Republican. Closer to an "old style" Republican.

People are getting whipped up into a frenzy over nothing. Taking your guns is probably item number 437 on Biden's list of things he wants to get done, if it's on there at all.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah...everybody said that about Obama and it never happened.

Biden is nowhere near as liberal as Obama. Biden's almost a Republican. Closer to an "old style" Republican.

People are getting whipped up into a frenzy over nothing. Taking your guns is probably item number 437 on Biden's list of things he wants to get done, if it's on there at all.
He and his running mate have stated it numerous times. It's obvious it's something he wants to accomplish, but will he be able to, is a whole different question.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Tim, I have to totally disagree with you on this one. It's clearly stated in the Democratic platform what they're intentions are. The VP elect is as liberal as they come and will convince Joe to see the light!!!!
She won't have to convince him at all - she just has to wait a few months until his health fails and she takes over.

·
Registered
11,539 Posts
It didn't happen under 8 years of Obama. I don't see it happening under Biden.

Like I said, he's got a lot of more important things on his plate.

·
Registered
11,539 Posts
BOY! This one surely took off in another direction in a hurry. The intent was to alert everyone that powder and components are plentiful and at good prices, except for primers, that is.
Sorry about that. I should know better.

Reactions: SanRemo32

·
Registered
29,552 Posts
BOY! This one surely took off in another direction in a hurry. The intent was to alert everyone that powder and components are plentiful and at good prices, except for primers, that is.
sorry, but you planted the seeds in your original post.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I will take your advice and go get some hogdedn powder and a case of wads today. As long as the powder I shoot is plentiful I might as well get a couple of kegs

·
Banned
463 Posts
So what is a good deal? I see Red Dot out of stock at just about everywhere and running $24-$27 per lb.

I'm about ready for some more wads and powder.

·
Administrator
8,384 Posts
I m curious about the title of the thread info from a industry insider?? It is well known that there are massive back orders in the metallic cartridge end of the ammunition industry. Vista is claiming 1 billion in back orders.

I got a call from a friend asking where he could get primers, as his local distributor is out of stock. It's a comedy of errors, according to my source, partly due to Remington going out of business, and Federal's production of STS/Nitro being added to their lines. Also, that most primer production is going into new ammo being bought up by worried folks who think Biden is gonna come for their guns. There's a good side to this, though. There are good buys on other components, and especially, Alliant & Hodgden powders. It's a great time to stock up on shot & wads as well.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Taking "your" guns away is one thing, but if you have taken the time to read Biden's gun violence proposals/initiatives that he has so clearly said he would do, the AR15/variants will be gone and if you own any type of this gun or variant then there will be an annual tax not only on that gun, but on the magazines as well...and this would be for every gun that you may own that fits their description of an "assault weapon"...this will amount to approximately $200 per gun, per year and that doesn't include the tax on each magazine. So the issue for now isn't really about taking them away(but I am sure they will try), but making them too expensive to own...as well as taxing the living s*it out of all ammo...stopping internet sales of guns and ammo and restricting how much ammo and/or components you may posses. You need to go to the Biden website and search for this and read it...he is as liberal as they come and all the people that are being appointed to various positions within the DNC are going to be the ones running things...not that idiot...the DNC had no intentions of him running the show...ever!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts