Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several years ago, there was a club that opened in Texas which offered indoor trap and skeet. Anyone know what happened to it and any details?

·
5,251 Posts
There was a range/club in PA that offered an indoor, two-tier five stand with a nice proshop and dining facilities... Rock River, Rock... ?!

Can't recall, but tough to compete with low cost outdoor operations...

Jay

·
Registered
303 Posts
The facility referred to is called MÜLLER SCHIESS ZENTRUM ULM, and is located in Ulm, Germany within a couple of miles of the Kreighoff factory.

See the website for their promotional trailer. It is in German, but you can get an idea of what the facility has.

http://www.mszu.de/

Enjoy!

Rob

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Click the link.

Gene Batchelar
Wheaton, IL

PS It'll help if you can read German

PSS Wonder what it would cost to build and operate?

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
Looks like 10 euro ($14) a round for clay target games. I wouldn't go every day for that price, but I could see that as a every once in a while type deal.

I'm amazed someone hasn't done something similar here in the US with one of those driving range golf domes that are around. Probably EPA hassles.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Many years ago there was a guy in the Bronx, NY who was going to build a skeet range in an old movie theatre. That was possible because of the layout of a skeet field The problem he was having was the sound. Theatres are acoustically live and he couldn't figure out how to deaden the sound without spending a fortune. Also, would it be economically viable since he could opnly fit in a single field?

I don't know what happened to the project.

·
Registered
129 Posts
To open an indoor trap range you will need lots of money. The rules and regulations in place by the EPA require a very elaborate ventilation system to vent out the gun smoke and the lead dust. On top of that you would need to put in noise deadening materialto "reduce" the gun noise. This is the stuff you might have seen on comercials where the car is in a "special room" with what looks like egg cartons on the walls. This is an acusticaly "quiet" room to be able to detect noise from the car.

Some time ago I read an article about an indoor trap field somewhere in Texas I think. VERY costly to shootthere. Membeership fees were also very high.
But; if you got oil money or are rich the sky is the limit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.