Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to step back away from the bar, Doc. And leave the whiskey bottle there for tonight.

Maybe Santa will bring you a new gun and leave it under the tree. Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I keep thinking someone will print an obituary where some old fool committed harry carry because the ATA would not listen to him, but it just never gets posted. Scott

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Posted to document Gary's bullsheet permanently, before he takes his pills and comes back and deletes it:

--------------------------------------------------------

In the name of mankind very few of you saw where I was coming from on targets and shells, you slammed me every chance you got, well you had your say, you got in your jabs and stabs especially you Neil ......

I looked back over the years since I started shooting ATA targets in 1968 I watched guys like Dan the man Ohrlic, Larry Grave Stock, Bueford Bailey, Gene Sears, Britt Robinson, Brad Dysinger, Leo Harrison, Kay Ohye and so many others being top dogs, that cut their teeth on 3 hole 50-52 yard targets using 1200fps shells.

Hardly any of you respected what they did, and most of you never shot those targets, Especially you Neil ......., you used your status to change the rules as you saw fit and talked your way to get the targets you wanted never considering what was accomplished in the past with those 3 hole 50-52 yard targets and 1200 fps shells.

You wanted to make it easier even with the advancements of Trap Gun adjustability, and the Very needed voice calls.

You all allowed 2 yard wholesale reductions not once but twice, implemented 18-19 yd handicaps. Changed the wording to allow 2 failure to fire to be allowed even when correctly pulled or they the shooter failed to pick up the target opr it was a wide angle target.

You allowed rules to change on the doubles targets to be shortened, and now there is an attempt to shorten them even more to 42 yards all to make shooting targets easier and have higher averages and accomplish the wholesale Grand Slams which took a number of years to obtain 42 of them, and in the same approx. amount of time now equals over 500 of them.

Only one of the first 42Grand Slams stepped up and defended the softer targets and faster shells as progression of the sport of TRAPSHOOTING.

You stepped all over me as shooting those soft targets, I shot the same ones most of you call 2 hole targets, I had to shoot them as most of you agreed on them, not me, If I had a say they would never ever been changed, the shell specs of 1200fps would have stood, and the 3 hole targets set at 52 yards and straight a way from posts 1 and 5 would have stayed the same.

Those original Grand Slam Shooters even if they could read the traps they did shoot some of the hard angles w/1200fps shells.

They shot the longer doubles targets.

But I look at their accomplishments and praise them for their outstanding shooting ability and the well deserved honor placed upon them.

Guys like Neil ....... with their deep pockets, and the deep pocket Motor Home drivers who get to pick their parking places and afford fancy expensive guns and can shoot all over the country to earn All American Points w/wins on softer shorter narrower targets.

I am ashamed to be associated with you but it's what you shooters allowed to happen, by not voting them out and expressing the desires of what our trapshooting forefathers established through the early years

Most of you will read into this meanings that are not accurate, read it several times so that it sinks in, I hope by GOD those early Grand Slams Shooters step up to the plate and make it known where TRAPSHOOTING needs to be.

Mandatory average to keep your yardage, or face reductions.

If you step on me or slam me you are not for the betterment of Trapshooting

Get this sport back to the way it was designed to be.

Stand up and be Counted instead of led down the Rosy Path to destruction.

Gary Bryant For the best sport of Trapshooting I took a stand for it a long time ago I am not perfect, do not pretend to be.

------------------------------------------------------

(end Bullsheet)

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
My, my...we are not worthy.

When you're all finished nailing yourself up on that cross, give Santa and Vic Reindeer a shout for me, will ya?

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
You sir are a babbling fool. I hope when you sober up and you read what you posted that you realize what a fool you are making of yourself. Who the hell are you to say who or what we have respected? Who are you to specifically name shooters in your post and proceed to trash them? I read this thread 3 times before I finally decided someone needed to address you old fool. Go take your meds and go to bed.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS from Fort Wayne IN. to everyone that has opened this post.

And that includes you DR. Gary

Wayne

·
Registered
650 Posts
Easy to pile on the good Dr.
In the spirit of Christmas I will throw the dog a bone and say that I took his post to mean that the accomplishments of the shooters with the three hole target is to be more esteemed that the grand slams of today.
I don't like the personal attack on Neil Winston, but the Dr. may have a point about deep pockets making some of the rules in our sport.

Dr. Longshot, I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Lyle

·
Registered
14,684 Posts
Deep pockets don't hurt. The more you shoot, the better you'll shoot, but there were lots of trap readers in those glory years, both before and after interruptors that would time calls and read the traps. There were also 5 man squads that always shot together and covered each other's a$$. Still is today.

Gary, do you really think you are the only one smart enough to think the EC and BOD has made some questionable decisions? There are plenty of people out there trying to protect the sport, and they have put in more thought and effort than you have.

They actually took State positions and ATA delegate jobs.

Get off your high horse.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Chris, Falstaff was tore down years ago and the 3000 gallon copper kettles were taken apart and sold to a company from China.

Falstaff made the "Billy" beer when Carter was in office. Merry Christmas!!

Wayne

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I have been watching the good Doctors post with amusement. What amazes me is the fact that you all read them and complain about the content. That only adds fuel to the fire which I enjoy if Doc is such a character you do not like or agree with why do you open his posts in the first place ?. I do it for the fun it provides I do not take it so serious but do read them as I do not get the news paper anymore and I miss the comics. He does have the right to say what is on his mind and I will defend that right as you have the right to reply or pass over his posts it is a free country thank God. If you ignore things the go away or subside but if you look at the hits on his posts they are usually the largest in size so sit back and enjoy the fire its winter you know.

To all my TS friends I wish you all a very Happy Holiday season

I should add trap shooters are a wonderful group of people that have enriched my life.

Buddy Walters

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
I want to wish EVERY ONE on here a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.

May the ATA take a good look at what has happened and correct the inequities
that have been created.

Gary Bryant
The Good Doctor

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well as i have said to many young shooters, there is more to being a trapshooter than just breaking trap targets. There have been all the changes, but to talk to shooters who have never had to shoot hand pulled targets says alot. Remember vandalia and having to bark and yell sometimes scream so the puller could hear you. Plus spending hundreds of dollars to shoot and having it rest on the thumb of a teenager and there reaction time. Trapshooting has been a dying sport
For years, there are hundreds of great shooters who are champions at all levels and ring winners who dont shoot anymore at all. The love of the sport is still there, but there is alot more work involved in trapshooting than shooting. Trapshooting is more
Than a sport it is truly a way or a style of life, and people just cant, commit to that life style any longer. Just food for thought.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.