Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many times I've heard that you should always un-mount you'r gun and start over if you get a broken target so don't fire.

Have you ever thought about ->WHY<- do that? You've already got the gun correctly mounted so why bother going all the way back to square one? I don't usually bother to do this, usually just keep the gun mounted while I let my mind relax and the muzzle wander for a moment, then re-focus my mind put the muzzle back on the hold point and call for another bird. Typical result of this blasphamy that flies in the face of conventional wisdom is usually a smoked target.

John C. Saubak

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Because trapshooting is 90%+ mental. Once you get in a ruitine you don't want to change it. Just like free-throws.
-Trappy

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes...actually I have thought about it....It works best for me to start over with my routine....sounds like you have your own valid reasons as well.

G

·
I agree with John...I can hold a pose and retain my concentration and soft focus for the 10 seconds it takes the trap to cycle another target.

Mike

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
The same reason a golfer(not duffer) doesn't stop half way thru their back swing and let the club just kind of hang there and then continue with the backswing.

Trappy, I'm thinking maybe more like 98%

Hell, you could teach a monkey the physical part of breaking a 100.

OK cheetah, you just broke one, now do that 99 more times. Easy huh?

Thats the mental part.

AJ100

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
whatever your opinion, it is only necessary to watch shooters shoot after the bird comes out broken or doesn't come out etc. SOOO often the next bird is missed.....form your own opinion, I start over....

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
alferman...I'm a long haired guitar playing 15 year old...and you want me to skip smoking pot to go to school? NO WAY! jkjkjk :p

Alright AJ...we will just make it 99% OK?
-Trappy

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
trappy, OK

Now you know to use the other 9% don't you? See, you learned another lesson on TS.com and it didn't even cost you anything.

AJ100

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.