Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting on my 3rd case of Duwnrange's latest offering, the DRHRF-8 and am very pleased with these wads. The wad is best described as a marriage of the Rem Fig-8 bottom with a windjammer 8 petal top. It's a 1 1/8oz yellow wad designed primarily for the Rem STS style hull. They come in 10 bags of 500 per case for ~$85. I toss 'em in the dryer for 10min on low to make sure the petals are straight/flared and find them to load in my P/W 800+ without issue. With my loading of 18.8gr of International Clays using Winchester primers in an STS hull the patterns are uniform and consistent. Recovered wads do not show signs of scorching/melting and there is no sign of melted plastic residue in the barrel. All in all, I believe these wads are as good as you'll find in every respect, and worth a try.

all the best....mike

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mike,

Thanks for the dryer tip. I am on my first case of eight petal wads and I have to tell you, it really slowed down my output with a bent petal.

Bob M.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Where are you getting these wads at that price?

And... do you mean the DRHF8? I don't see the a DRHRF8 on Windjammers home page.
Mark T.

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, Vern, been using them for a year, now; but was shooting up the old American select loads.

best....mike

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have loaded both there 4 & 8 petal version of the tgt wads. Both are excellent wads. Can't tell a ounce of difference in the patterning of the 2. I prefer the 4 petal don't have near the issue with bent petals. Don't have to put in the dryer.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
The 8-petal DR wad is a whole different animal than what you're apparently used to. There isn't a bent petal in a bag. You can give your dryer time back to whomever.

Keller

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
I also like them and I don't have any problem with bent petals. They are so slick that I do drop them once in a while. I have noticed that this wad only goes about 25-30 yards and helicopters to the ground. Very little distortion in the spent wads. Patterns are as dense as the 4 petal version. Bill Hom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.