Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not heard anything about that, but just this week our local sportsman's warehouse received both of those powders. Maybe just depleting stock or new I don't know.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
They are selling all that they produce? Would you quit selling an item that you can't make enough of? I suspect that somebody has been given some bad info. The web site says nothing about it. Jeff

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
SuperXJeff has the right idea (I hope). Hodgdens has the sales rights to IMR powders, since they are unable to get the Clays line due to reported production disruption they have only IMR and are probably making it as fast as they can.

Unfortunately they have raised the price on reloaders powders to the point that many of us myself included have switched to Alliant propellants. I was a 700X user but have switched to Promo, most likely will stay with it. Made in USA too, that makes me feel better. Ross Puls

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I have enough to load my buckshot loads for as long as I live as I have about 4 of those little 8oz cans. I have never seen anything that is in the same league as 7625 for buckshot loads.

Federal just came out with a new super wad for buckshot. I patterned the load with the oo buck offering. Best factory buckshot load I have ever seen but it was just equal to my hand load with 7625.

Until now that 7625 has had no equal with buckshot. My load shoots 100% pattern in about 22 inches at 40 yards. The new factory federal load does about the same.

I know a lot of guys loved it for backer loads as well as hunting loads. Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
PB is terrible I tell ya Horrible its been known to smash targets and make caps loads ..........

Ya its ok.

23 gn fed hull and primer and wad 1 oz or 1.125 oz= Crow Farts

Brady

1 - 8 of 8 Posts