Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several guns that were my great-grandfather's and grandfathers. Two of them are ancient, small framed Harrington-Richardson single shots in 28 gauge. While they're shootable, the wood on both are in rough shape, cracks and shrunken.

I've checked all over and can find no replacements...so would any of you know of a source? I'd consider having new wood made, but wonder if anyone would take them on. Just want plain Jane walnut as was original.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Find someone who has a stock duplicator (Google?) and they can duplicate your stocks and forearms. You may want them to just to rough them out and you finish and inlet them or have them do it all

Surfer

·
Registered
944 Posts
A stock is not a problem ... the problem is you have a $200 gun and a stock might cost you 200 to duplicate plus fit.....Live with it!

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, I'm willing to spend the money...and I know the guns are worth little, just would like to get them in better shape for the nostalgia of it.

Live with it? What's that mean?

·
Registered
530 Posts
When you get the work done, please post some before and after pics. I imagine I am not the only one who would be interested in seeing the restoration.

Good luck!

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
Check with the folks at doublegunshop.com

They'll likely know if anyone does

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I know this person has a duplicator but I don't know if he wants the work. Malcom 951/505-6747

There was a thread Cheap Stock Duplicatiion posted 7/13/10 if you can pull it up that listed a number of duplicators.

surfer

·
Registered
32,278 Posts
Have you searched Gun Parts a.k.a. Numrich ? They have parts for old guns. I found a new stock for some off brand 22 rifle I never heard of, from my Dad's collection plus some springs and other small parts which I never would have suspected I could ever find.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Try the Stock Market in Bakersfield, CA. They did some work for a friend of mine who was in the same situation. Not sure on the cost.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts