Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tested the different primers for imported hulls for better ignition?(over sized primers to fit larger primer hole) RIO brand primers seem to be colder than Winchester (which need to be glued in) any comments on the other brands.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I reload imported "Eurotrash" hulls exclusively. Use the Noble sport and Rio primers without problems. There are various sources of reloading data. I am currently using the Noblesport data to reload their hulls.

What do you want to know?

Tom

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
HMB,

Has to be Elmer Fudd Glue. You wascally wabbit. You can steal it from the grandkids. Using rubber cement is too expensive unless loading the good stuff.

OK. It is a slow day. Enough is enough.

Don Verna

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Guys... you may laugh but there is a product called primer sealant that is used to seal primers. I personally believe he is making thinks hard when the easiest solution is to use one of the larger european primers that are made for the hull. I am not married to Winchester primers.... it appears that this guy may be.

TB

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Like Tom, I also prefer Eurotrash hulls and Rio primers. Load 'em once and toss 'em. Many tens of thousands shot and zero problems.

I am now working on a 55 gal barrel of Diana hulls. The Claybuster 12S0 clone propelled by Solo 1000 behind one ounce of 7 1/2's at 1250 fps works great.

For Bunker, a little more Solo and the same wad behind 24 grams of good shot gets the job done very well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.