Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seeing more and more threads about people proposing to ship powder and primers on here and have absolutely no clue the legalities involved, or how to do it legally (hint, most people can't). I can't believe people are willing to risk jail time and hefty fines to unload a few thousand primers or a couple pounds of powder...

I'm not the author, but it gives a pretty succinct rundown of the facts from someone who IS hazmat certified.

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index.php?topic=3819068.0

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I believe this only applies to skeet shooters...and also covers eye liner, rouge, and feminine attire.

·
Registered
11,141 Posts
To be honest Joe; I was thinking along those lines as well!!! But, Well, Ah Hum. Well, I will not go there. Break em all. Jeff

Sorry, I did not mean to hi-jack the thread. Skeet_man is correct in showing us that it is just not worth risk to ship hasmat items ourselves---ever!!!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have been in the safety profession for about 40 years, have two degrees and am a certified safety professional, for background. Involved in a little shipping 30 years ago and this year was offered a free 3 1/2 day shipping class. Things have changed and I learned enough to know that there is no way in hell I would ever ship hazardous material. I would highly recommend that unless you are very well trained, don't ship hazmat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts