Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Republicans retain the House and win the Senate in 2014, will they impeach Obama? They certainly have cause. Yes, it would leave Biden as President but it will take him at least 2 years to find the White House.

Or would the Republicans bide their time until 2016, hoping they could win the Presidency and not wanting to do anything to jeopardize that? Remember the power of the "bully pulpit" and the difficulty in voting out a sitting President.

What would yopu advise?

ps Let's start and keep using the term IMPEACHMENT until it loses its negative connotation and become the mantra for the salvation of our nation.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I believe our current President has caused more damage to our government and society as a whole in the past 5 years than the outside communist threat did during the entire cold war.

He is promoting class hatred, depicting those of us who are "producers" of goods, services and employment opportunities as the bad guys, and extolling the virtues of those who produce nothing, "takers" of those goods, services and jobs, as the virtuous "good guys".

"Profit", the thing upon which our economic system is based, is considered by those of his ilk as sinful, degrading to those unable or unwilling to take the necessary risks or put forth the necessary effort to make a profit.

I am at an age where my best years are behind, but I have great fears for the future of our country and the baggage this administration will leave for my children and grandchildren.

If ever since 1941 we needed God to bless America, now is the time.

·
Registered
263 Posts
1atatime,I`m about your age and agree with you. But I`d hate to be
GOD when HE sees what our once great nation is now doing and condoning.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Republicans? Impeach Obama?

Never happen. They're spineless.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Never happen unless a major smoking gun appears from one of the many scandals that just can't be ignored. With our 2 party system, everyone wants to stay in power, and with the Libertarian party which I do agree with on many issues, it still is ineffective and just splits the Republican vote.

It still matters to vote Republican, had Romney been elected, I am confident that with his business background, unemployment would not be where it is at, the books wouldn't be cooked to make unemployment appear to less than what it actually is...

This whole assault weapons thing and executive actions, treaty with the U.N. on global guns, etc. WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN PLACE.

It is the lesser of two evils, and when we as conservative people choose to go third party, well we are in essence picking the WORSE of the two evils by splitting our vote.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Well, once again, the solution is to nominate conservatives who aren't anti-gun.

Once that simple fact is understood and carried out, Republicans will have a better chance of winning.

Until then, keep enjoying the bitter taste of defeat.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Brian, you should say "we should keep enjoying the bitter taste of defeat." We and our kids, grand kids, etc. are all in this mess! WE are all affected by the economic disaster that this administration has created, WE are all affected by the leftist federal judges being appointed to life time terms across the country, WE are all affected by the current President's unprecedented executive orders, none of which would have happened had Romney been elected.

Jerber, you are correct, this 8 years is causing damage to our nation that will take decades to undo if that is even possible.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It will never happen IF everyone keeps saying, "it will never happen". That is precisely the wrong attitude AND the wrong thing to do. Keep repeating the word "Impeachment" until it becomes easy to say and easy to believe. Saying it loudly and often enough can make it come true. It works for the Democrats all the time. You see, humans are funny creatures. They get used to hearing something and pretty soon they start to believe it. Goebbels proved that in pre-war Germany and the liberal, media in the US proves it every day.

Imagine if the Republicans win the House and Senate. Obama will be forced to "rule" by fiat. That will run him afoul of a Republican Congress. How long do you think it will take them to react? And what is their only recourse?

Brian, you would not vote for Romney because you thought him to be anti-gun - so we got Obama. Is this better? Unfortunately, sometimes you just have to pick the lesser of what you consider 2 evils. The Republicans who stayed home elected Obama and now they are pissing and moaning about the result when THEY are the principle reason we have a second term of this charlatan.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts