Trapshooters Forum banner
141 - 160 of 204 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Perazzi MX10RS 32/34 Combo w/Allor tuned barrels, K80 Parcours 32"
3,416 Posts
I totally agree with you Sroz. I have ran in to similuar situation. so now I get to put 50 meaningless post out there just so I can sell or buy.. as i lose out on a sale/purchase.
Thanks for pointing this out Jeff, let me have a look.
SMH, like shooting fish in a barrel.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I totally agree with you Sroz. I have ran in to similuar situation. so now I get to put 50 meaningless post out there just so I can sell or buy.. as i lose out on a sale/purchase.
At this level of stupidity, being banned from an internet forum is the least of your worries....

·
Registered
34,242 Posts
Hunting over bait.

So far we've racked up two perms and two with a month in the box.

Not bad.
I hope that reflects favorably in your annual bonus. 😆.
Before one if you members blows a gasket, read the terms on being a mod here and you will know I am in jest……but maybe I should tell that forthright.

·
Registered
25,562 Posts
Wrong.

Fifty meaningless posts will not allow you to play in the for sale section.

It will however give you a time out.

Not such a bad thing, it will give you a chance to figure out why the vast majority of forum members absolutely love the rule.
And enjoy watching tough guys come on throwing their weight around cussing the rule and getting the taste slapped out of their mouth.

Reactions: big kahuna

·
Registered
57 Posts
I shot 100 rounds this AM trying out the ShotKam.
The ShotKam is one of the best purchases I've ever made. Their support is fantastic. The first thing I do after cleaning my guns is plug in the ShotKam and then make a folder naming the date, place, load, gun and choke used for the shoot. Then I transfer the videos into the new folder from the ShotKam and study each one at my leisure. My wife has one mounted on her Zoli Bella too. Has helped her a lot with Sporting Clays. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
If you're here for just the for sale section you're losing out on a lot more than that. Maybe instead of pissing and moaning about your lost purchase go back and look at some old threads. A lot of the people you're disparaging were some of the first to step up with help when the chips were down. I've seen things given away to someone in need, help offered that would have had the helper going out of their way to do so, and sometimes just a kind word or a prayer sent to someone in need. You're missing out on meeting some of the best people I've ran into on any site. I've made friends on here that I look forward to seeing every year at shoots. Some may be a little rough around the edges, ( hi gussers!) but are great people when you get to know them! I feel sorry for you if you're so short sighted to look at this as your own private ebay. By the way, don't most sites have rules for usage? The ones I surf sure do, and most aren't as patient as this one with people who can't or won't follow the rules. Shoot well and good luck. Hope you can stick around to see what I'm talking about.

·
Premium Member
13,863 Posts
I've learned some really interesting things here - which have clearly helped my shooting.

- I know that I should shoot 7-1/2 instead of 8 shot. No wait, its 8 instead of 7-1/2... Crap, I can't remember...

- I have learned all about pounding beaver and what is done with the hair harvested from them.

- I have learned a great deal about animal husbandry... who knew Doc could marry a sheep. (Doc, a personal question - does a sheep taste any different from a goat? A fish?)

- I have learned to close my eyes to open my vision - and my subconscious will guide the shot to the target.

- I have learned the crazier the poster, the better the thread.

- I have learned that Kitty fits a mean stock and that Tron likes tutus (Shhhh - he's actually a skeet shooter).

I have found the reason my head is in the gutter - turns out it is attached to my body. To that end I've "met" some truly twisted individuals here - all of whom have enriched my life...

:whistle:

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
That only applies in states that require all transfers have a NICS.

In states that don't require a 4473, but still going through a FFL, you can transfer a gun using NICS, then the new owner can turn around and sell it without any further checks.

Which states don't require 4473?

"ATF Form 4473 is required by Federal law regardless of any state documentation required by the state in which the licensees business premise is located. With the exception of the return of a repaired firearm to the person from whom it was received, a licensee shall not sell or otherwise dispose of, temporarily or permanently, any firearm to any person, other than another licensee, unless the licensee records the transaction on a firearms transaction record, Form 4473."

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes, I'm sure it's available elsewhere, but then what point is the for sale forum here?
For starters, it’s for members with 50 or more posts to be able to buy and sell most anything related to shooting and then some. Some reading this thread have been where you are. Everyone else had to get 50 posts. Tell me, out of the thousands of members exactly why you’re the exception?

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Great thread. Thanks to the moderators for leaving it up for us to read. BTW, I occasionally shoot trap, am primarily a skeet and sporting clays shooter. I cannot give much advice on trapshooting but have been shooting clay birds, gunsmithing for over 50 years, and reloading for at least that long. I help when ever I can on those topics. I am on this site at least once and often several times a day. I enjoy the threads, some very funny and informative members and some not so funny or informative members. I feel privileged to be able to belong to this site. I think the op that started this thread got what he deserved. What I can't understand is trapshooters, fellow shooters, being so down on non-trapshooters. I am sure some of it is done in jest, I hope. My grandson got on his high school trap team. I have been helping him all I can so will probably be looking for some help here on that topic in the future. Thanks to the moderators for all their thankless work. (This is more words written that I can remember responding to a thread since I joined) Regards, Bob

141 - 160 of 204 Posts