Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought all the states had laws on the books already against harassing fishermen and hunters.

·
Premium Member
18,864 Posts
Alot of states do have laws on the books, but I think PETA operates by a different set of rules.

·
Vendor
19,420 Posts
since when does PETA live by usual rules, laws and ethics? Shortly a small cheap seeking rocket will be devised to shoot these out of the air. Technology is here already. Just adaptation.

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
I would like PETA to fly their drones over our place. Before the ammo shortage BS I bought a flat of 00 buckshot at an insanely low price

I don't have any need for it, but I just couldn't pass it by, I think I found a need for it

·
Premium Member
18,864 Posts
One time, years ago, there was a bunch of radio-control people flying their airplanes at Southeast Park, which is across the fence south, from Amarillo Gun Club. We were having a small registered shoot going on, and one of those dudes decided to fly his airplane down the line couple of times. Well, he made a pass or two, and did some loopty doos, and made another pass. The plane didn't make it. It sounded like the USS Missouri going off. Anyway, the shoot resumed, and nobody came to claim what was left of the plane.

My daughter has a t-shirt with PETA on the front, and 'People eating tasty animals' on the back.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are going to lose a lot of rights when law enforcement, news reporters and paparazzi gets into the drone reconnaissance more heavily than they are now. The FAA just OKed several states as bases for drones.

·
Premium Member
18,864 Posts
Yes, the FAA cleared 6 places for the testing of drones, with the intention of sharing the skies by the end of 2015. The University of Alaska, which has sight in Hawaii, and Oregon. The State of Nevada. The Griffiss International Airport near Utica, New York. The North Dakota Dept. of Commerce. Texas A+M University, which will study and drevelop safety systems for drones. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University to test failure modes and technical risks. FYI.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You people are talking about shooting the drones down but don't you think the cameras will identify who did it..Plus I would imagine that there will be laws against that..

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
I would consider any drone to be a threat to me. We all the God given right to protect ourselves. Every single one should be shot down on site no matter who is controlling it. The hell with burying them just leave them to rot.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
It won't be long before "data" from PETA or other's drones will soon contain information "vital to public safety" so open season won't last long.

Meanwhile, make sure you smile for the snapshot just before you shoot and cut off the drone's live stream. In Illinois, as well as other states, the hunter is likely to be in violation of some local firearm ordinance that will cost a significant amount of money to defend. Shooting down government toys won't be free for long.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts