Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From your ISTA President and Board of Directors

At a video conference meeting this morning, we discussed the upcoming 144th Illinois State Trapshoot which was scheduled for this June.
We did not make a decision whether to cancel or hold the Shoot based on the facts we had available at this time. We are all concerned about the safety and health of our members, visitors and attendees and the conditions facing our country.
We are scheduled to have another video conference meeting on May 9th, where we hope to have a better understanding of the situation and the challenges we may be facing.
Therefore, a decision on if the Illinois State Trapshoot will be held as previously scheduled, rescheduled to a later date, or cancelled at that time.

The board of directors unanimously decided to waive all target requirements for all Illinois Zone shoots and the State shoot if these are all able to be held.

From all of us, may you and your families stay safe during these times and we hope to see everyone when shooting resumes.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Calling it off stinks--and is hard. No one wants to dissapoint their friends and fellow shooters. We went through the same deal here in our State. BUT YOU GUYS have shown where your heart is. Good Job!
I's just a trap shoot and there will be another one. We just want to be sure that EVERYBODY is still here and can shoot!
Well Done!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Appreciate the update. Hopefully the shoot will be able to take place.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Patrick, does the committee have any dates in mind if it has to be re-scheduled? I am having to take furlough weeks off at my job and just trying to work around that and vacation schedules. Just wondering if it would be re-scheduled to coincide with the central zone shoot the week before the Grand starts.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are looking at dates, but have no firm plans for if we have to cancel or postpone. We want to get a better handle on the whole situation before we make any statements about our intentions. I believe it is universal by the board that we want to have the shoot for the shooters, however, everyone's health is the primary concern.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
The state of Illinois, while having their problems in Springfield and Shitcago....have some of the best people on the planet in the ATA and at the Brittany Shooting Park. A GREAT state shoot, and great folks. The Mohr family, John Krevneck, Bill Duncan and a host of others will make your visit there the BEST possible........whenever it happens!!!!........merlyn

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,202 Posts
The state of Illinois, while having their problems in Springfield and Shitcago....have some of the best people on the planet in the ATA and at the Brittany Shooting Park. A GREAT state shoot, and great folks. The Mohr family, John Krevneck, Bill Duncan and a host of others will make your visit there the BEST possible........whenever it happens!!!!........merlyn
Carol and co. make a pretty delicious pie to boot. ;-)

It’s a good bunch for sure. Top notch facility and a good bunch running it. Hoping to make it down whenever it ends up being shot. We will see if I have time off left with this fiasco.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Your and your board are doing a magnificent job in evaluating this pandemic and still hold the state shoot.

Logical thinking.
thank you for the kind words. I had to step away from being a director due to some health issues but still look forward to seeing everyone this year if possible. Without merlyn's trailer there i don't know of if I can find someone else to put up with my bs! Hope you still come to see us merlyn.

·
Premium Member
10,533 Posts
thank you for the kind words. I had to step away from being a director due to some health issues but still look forward to seeing everyone this year if possible. Without merlyn's trailer there i don't know of if I can find someone else to put up with my bs! Hope you still come to see us merlyn.
Who took your place, John?

·
Registered
10,155 Posts
This is a problem for for a lot of State shoots and some of the biggest events that are scheduled . One of the problems is that even if this situation dies down and those shoots take place ( as we are all hoping is the case) They will be held on top of other shoots and attendance will suffer because no one can be in 2 places at once. Couple that with the fact a LOT of folks will have been out of work for awhile and will have trouble finding the money or time off to attend ! If shooting does resume soon , June will be busy and July will be a jam pact month for sure! Several states have slipped the dates of their shoots and some ( if they can have them) are holding them in conjunction with their Zone shoots . I'm not a big fan of that venue but, under the current circumstances that is probably the best way to get them both in. A lot of states are slipping the dates and hoping for the best. AL has moved theirs to July ,and FL ( who's state shoot was postponed) hasn't got a firm date set yet. The whole thing is a crap shoot right now. I think the officers of the state organizations are doing their best as are the members of the EC at the ATA. Tough times for sure ,and I certainly don't envy them their task. You can't please everybody and I'm sure whatever they decide won't please some people but , They are doing the best they can under the circumstances. Right now I just hope we can keep everybody well and around to enjoy the game !

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,202 Posts
hi Barry. Frank Payne took my spot. Don't know if you've met him but he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He's post 4 on our squad. If you haven't met him yet flag him down and introduce yourself. I think you'll come away impressed.
Frank is a great guy indeed. He watched me miss my 100th target for a 99 at Edwardsville about 13 years ago. He was kinder than most in that situation I think. Haha

·
Registered
70 Posts
From your ISTA President and Board of Directors

At a video conference meeting this morning, we discussed the upcoming 144th Illinois State Trapshoot which was scheduled for this June.
We did not make a decision whether to cancel or hold the Shoot based on the facts we had available at this time. We are all concerned about the safety and health of our members, visitors and attendees and the conditions facing our country.
We are scheduled to have another video conference meeting on May 9th, where we hope to have a better understanding of the situation and the challenges we may be facing.
Therefore, a decision on if the Illinois State Trapshoot will be held as previously scheduled, rescheduled to a later date, or cancelled at that time.

The board of directors unanimously decided to waive all target requirements for all Illinois Zone shoots and the State shoot if these are all able to be held.

From all of us, may you and your families stay safe during these times and we hope to see everyone when shooting resumes.
Wish Wisconsin would do this too - sounds like you guys are looking out for your shooters.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts