Trapshooters Forum banner

If your shooting range has stayed open despite COVID-19, what steps has your club taken?

• Business as usual, no changes

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Limit number of participants on range

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Limit number of people in clubhouse or other facilities

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Change payment options (no cash, exact change only, etc.)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Limited hours

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Limited staff

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Staff precautions (masks, gloves, cleaning, etc.)

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Enforce “social distancing” (no handshakes, avoid close proximity, no sharing of guns, etc.)

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • Ask guests who appear ill to leave

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Limit age of participants

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Members only (no public)

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 29.0%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ranges and clubhouse open but matches are being canceled as the timeframe approaches. All competitions have been canceled for the next two weeks.

·
Supporting Vendor
5,828 Posts
Clubhouse: One person at a time at the counter. One person in the bathroom. Two people max in the clubhouse.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Organized shoots have been cancelled along with monthly meetings. Ranges are still operating.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
No changes at my club except that common sense is expected to be used. As if that is going to happen.

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
From my club's Facebook page:

"Suffering from cabin fever? Come on out to Powder Creek and take out your stir-craziness on some clay targets! Due to county recommendations, our Clubhouse is closed, but you can still stop by our walk-up window and load your target cards. Just remember to stay in groups of less than 10 people and keep a reasonable distance away from your fellow shooters. We hope to see you out here soon!"

Reactions: West and Jaburg1

·
Registered
Perazzi MX10 RS
97 Posts
The club the local SCTP shoots out of us limiting 3 max in the clubhouse at a time. And once the kids squad up, they stay together for the rest of practice...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just canceled all public shoots at our club. Rifle and pistol range (outdoor) is still open for members.
Ditto. No organized trap/skeet/bullseye/etc. However, club facilities (indoor and outdoor ranges) remain open for use of members. I'm retired and it's a fairly small club, so if I go midweek it's rare to see more than one or two other people using the facilities.

Of course, I happen to be living in the county that has the highest per capita rate of infection in Colorado right now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My club is closed for the next two weeks. Being located in NJ it has been ordered by the state government. I hope this doesn't last long as I'm getting anxious to break some clays!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Members only not open to the public and the club house is closed. Set up a pay counter in the garage / target house then go outside and wait till it’s your turn to shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
Most of my clubs have canceled events, but practice is still open...
Had to go an hour away to shoot Registered today...

·
Registered
126 Posts
ATA event for this month canceled. Range is open to members. Skeet, trap and 5-stand practice sessions still going, but not sure for how long since the Governor just yesterday banned all social meetings of more than 10 people as well as closing many sit down type businesses, and some others, until April 3rd at this point.

Kind of related, but the local hospitals are canceling all elective surgery for the next few weeks unless special circumstances. This even though there are only three positive tests in our whole county. But, just checked on my cataract surgery scheduled for April 2 and it is still on since it is at the eye center surgery center instead of a hospital.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts