Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is always someone to watch out for. Back at the end of August, I wanted to treat myself to a really nice competition AR. I ordered a match grade upper from Precision Firearms Precision Firearms - Custom Competition AR-15 Uppers The price was $1262.95. In an email, I was told the lead time was about 4 weeks. A month later and I got a "gee, sorry for the delay, give me another 3 weeks. Contacted again, oh sorry but your order will ship WITHIN 2 weeks. Then they ignored my request for a tracking number. Then it was, just another couple of weeks. So following a very spirited phone call, the owner asked me if I wanted to cancel my order and I responded with a YES. Now I am waiting to see a credit on my card. My advice is to do business with these people at your own risk

Reactions: dale58 and grntitan

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
That sucks Gary. I hope you get a full refund soon. Companies like this give the firearms industry a bad name. Fortunately they are a rarity and not the norm.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel certain that I will get my money back. If I waited long enough, I probably would have gotten the upper. I just wanted to let folks know that this company took my money and just kept lying to me about the delivery of the upper and thus, at the end of a spirited phone call, I cancelled my order.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yea that sucks. I found that dealing with people for an ar usually exceeds the time they tell you unless they have it in stock. I know the market for them is great and with the lady we almost had for president every company out there had orders. Some get huge orders for military, police, etc. I forgot who I called last to see if they had a complete rifle in stock, they told me no and it will be a long wait cause they're working on an order for 15,000 pieces

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Over the years I've bought specialty uppers on two occasions from reliable manufacturers that had long waiting before the upper was built and eventually delivered. One was three months before assembly, then almost two weeks before delivery.

Still it didn't sound like the people you talked with knew anything about dealing with customers!

Steve

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Most mail order companies I deal with, charge my CC when they're ready to ship.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts