Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
i lent my 30 yr old BT 99 to my father who asked to borrow it to go shoot trap with his buddy. When i asked him when he was bringing it back, he told me he had sold it! I guess he thought that since he gave it to me when i was 15 yrs old, It was ok to sell it. I would have given him the money!

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Lots I wish I had back but, it would come down to two I think . The old Savage /Fox double I had with a single trigger and a beautiful custom Bishop trap stock and the 1100 trap gun with that Stan Baker barrel with his custom choke tubes .

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Nope not a single one for trap, although I would buy a Model 12 skeet back I sold that had been around the horn when I got it.
Fishgill ported by ???
After market straight trap wood cut way down then built back up with spacers and a thick pad.
Slickest pumping Model 12 I have ever handled to date, sure would shoot.
Only gun I ever sold I would own again.
I sort of feel that way about an old 870 SA skeet 20 Ga. I had . Got the 4 barrel set fever and sold it to raise money for one. I still shot 1100s and 870s better ! 😐

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I think often of my Ljutic mono gun purchased thru Bob Schultz...He did an excellent job fitting me useing a try stock. I shoot left hand and the Ljutic was #35l8......I wonder many times where it is or who owns it. Been quite a few years but MISS IT...........#3518

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
One year at the Wisconsin state trap shoot, my entire squad shot a practice round and my friends model 31 TC action bar broke. He forgot and left his extra parts bag at home and he never would have made it back to shoot in time.

My back up gun was a pre 64 Model 12 with a Herb Ore choke and my friend asked me if he could shoot it. He broke the first 25 with it and asked me if he breaks the remaining 75 would I allow him to purchase the gun?

I said break the next 75 and you can have it for your birthday present. As luck would have it, he broke the remaining 75 targets. It was a type of gun that sometimes when you pulled the trigger and thought you would miss the target it still broke it.

At a later shoot that old sob beat me in a shoot off with my old back up gun. Truthfully, my friend is a lot better shot then I and I am happy that I could give him a nice present that day.
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I had an original Browning Broadway Trap...chokes Full and Imp. Mod...fit me like it was made for me...but then someone made me an offer I couldn’t refuse...I kick myself every time I see him shooting it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
First trap gun was Browning superposed Lightening with 30" barrels. Bought it new with life time warranty card. Should never have sold it. Have been looking for one for nostalgia reasons for couple of years and haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
i lent my 30 yr old BT 99 to my father who asked to borrow it to go shoot trap with his buddy. When i asked him when he was bringing it back, he told me he had sold it! I guess he thought that since he gave it to me when i was 15 yrs old, It was ok to sell it. I would have given him the money!
Sounds like something my Dad would do.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I’m still wondering what this whole “buy back” thing is about. That implies you SOLD a gun. That’s nothing I’m familiar with.

(Guns lost in a horrible boating accident are another story.)

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I sold, out of need, a Remington 32TC and a Remington 32 skeet. I have since replaced them with "better" examples. I did trade a Remington 1100 trap LH that had the most beautiful wood on it at Jaquas for something I had to have. That 1100 is the only gun that I have sold that I wish I still had currently.
Doug

21 - 40 of 54 Posts