Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many wish they could buy back that one trap gun? What was it and why would you want to buy it back?

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I had a Grade III Browning Citori Trap gun that I wish I would have kept for Doubles. I sold it only because the Double Release trigger never worked from the Gitgo. I believe I would have done fine with Release/Pull. I have never been able to shoot with a Double Release and the problem is Me not the Gun.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm going to post 2... I had a grade 2 browning citori Trap.... never seen one since I sold mine and also my ljutic Dynokic, shot it great even with a left hand stock!

·
Perazzi MX10RS
1,826 Posts
My first TM1. Had Wenig Claro Walnut wood on it. Broke my first 100 with that gun. Wanted an MX8 combo and could not afford the combo without selling the TM1. That was many moons ago, but still haunts me.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Remington 1100 with a fajen thumbhole stock broke my first 100 with it. A guy that worked for me beg me to buy it and shot it well. During his divorce he took all his guns to his dads for safe keeping and his brother stole it and was sold it for drugs. Last gun I ever sold.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Perazzi MX3 Special combo. Quit shooting, so I didn't think I would use it again. Replaced it with a DB81 combo then a MX2000RS combo.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Another post for a long gone Remington 1100.... It was my first dedicated trap gun as a young man. D grade wood and not a mark on it. Shot it well for many years and actually won a State championship with it as a sub-junior a long, long time ago.

Sold it because I wasn't shooting it any more and had moved on to more expensive guns. Not the smartest move.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Nope not a single one for trap, although I would buy a Model 12 skeet back I sold that had been around the horn when I got it.
Fishgill ported by ???
After market straight trap wood cut way down then built back up with spacers and a thick pad.
Slickest pumping Model 12 I have ever handled to date, sure would shoot.
Only gun I ever sold I would own again.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
If it had to be for Trap, the 870 I bought not long after my 18th birthday. Unfortunately, it was stolen (Wearing an 18" barrel and a Pachmyr Vindicator.) when I brought it to a party a couple years later in anticipation of some troublemakers possibly showing up.
I do wish I had my Win. 101 back, but I did not like shooting it for trap. It was a good pheasant gun, though.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My first new Perazzi ... an MX-15. Not the best handicap gun, but I went a loooong time before I missed a 16 yd. target with it. Sold it to help buy a car for my son.

Have bought two used MX-15s since and none felt and shot like that one.

I sold a real nice TM1 for a great price to a new high school shooter with the caveat that if/when he sells it, I'd get first chance. 4 years later bought it back for the same price I sold it.

Lastly, I sold a Moneymaker 391 that was a great little gun, and that's the one I really wish I had back. I shot everything well with it.. 16s, hdcp, doubles, sporting, skeet, doves, etc.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts