Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For location its AZ and date would be in November.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Well I don't think it will move any time soon.
I like the Grand in August, Sparta is a great place to shoot.

Can you keep it out of Ohio.
With the disdain for the ATA and the leadership probably not a great choice.

But I will do what I can to attend where ever you put it.
Thanks

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Find a place with flat land, closer to it's shooter base, an airport nearby with plenty of lodging, restaurants and bars. Then sign a 100 year lease!

Keep it in August unless some rocket scientist figure out how to staff it in any other month!!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Well I don't think it will move any time soon.
I like the Grand in August, Sparta is a great place to shoot.

Can you keep it out of Ohio.
With the disdain for the ATA and the leadership probably not a great choice.

But I will do what I can to attend where ever you put it.
Thanks
Don't lump all Ohio shooters with the few.

Reactions: merlin00724

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Cardinal Gun Club in Ohio. Nice place, but would have to be enlarged. Lots of Hotels with-end 30 miles radius. And I am not from Ohio.

·
Registered
14,893 Posts
I'm sure there is a contractual lease agreement between the ATA and the State of Illinois. Unless there is a section in that agreement that relieves the State of Illinois of responsibility to honor that lease agreement in it's entirety, the ATA could sue the State for damages, which I seriously doubt would ever happen.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Some flat farmland near Des Moines. Near the center of the trapshooting population. Judging by the cover of the 2015 Grand program, the ATA must have given up on everything east of Illinois already.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Close to the center of the trapshooting population........somewhere near Mt Pleasant, Iowa. But, I think anyone holding their breath waiting for the site to move anywhere away from Sparta can just exhale...........not going to happen.

·
Registered
746 Posts
???Cardinal Gun Club in Ohio. Nice place, but would have to be enlarged???

In the early fifties (60+ years ago) Vandalia had as many shooters as the Grand does now, and they were doing it on 32 traps!

·
Supporting Vendor
10,241 Posts
I would move it to Monroe Michigan, just 2 feet from the Ohio border. That'll show em'.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
???Cardinal Gun Club in Ohio. Nice place, but would have to be enlarged???

In the early fifties (60+ years ago) Vandalia had as many shooters as the Grand does now, and they were doing it on 32 traps!
I was trying to confirm this, do you have a reference?

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
With the thing in my back yard, I'm still not sure of just how long it will be. That said, you can bet your ass it will be a cold day in hell before it moves back to Ohio. I think all those shooters from Ohio who have some common sense, realize this. Besides, Brad D. said they don't ever want it back. I'm afraid it's one wish he may just get. At least in our lifetime anyway.

I'd be shocked if the State of IL pulled the funding that they didn't sell it to the ATA at a huge discount to get out from under it. Watch.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts