Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have approximate years this style engraving used on LT20? Does not say LT20 anyplace except the barrel. Does this model have a specific name if is not an LT20?

·
Registered
800 Posts
It's called simply enhanced engraving. I have a 870 .410 with the same engraving. Mine was made in 2001. Still in the box. I haven't shot it yet. Hope to this spring.

Tomas

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
From 1997 through 2001, several Remington models had what they called "enhanced receiver engraving." I used to buy Model 700BDLs like that and have probably a dozen in blued and stainless with and without detachable box magazines but now the rest of the world seems to have discovered those guns and prices of them have escalated significantly. There is a NIB blued 700BDL in .223REM on GunBroker right now with an asking price of $1,100. .223s are really hot these days but I don't think the gun is worth that much. I have seen several sell for $800 and a little more recently. The most I paid for any of mine was $650, so they certainly have gained in value.

Here is an auction photo of a .243WIN with a detachable magazine I bought for our daughter-in-law three years ago.

It now has a custom laminated stock made to fit her and a matte Leupold 3.5-10x 40mm AO in matte rings and bases.

It is nice to see those guns starting to gain in value. Five years' production by a company like Remington is a lot of guns but a lot have been damaged over the last 12 to 17 years and people are starting to look for them.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts