Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a high grade skeet/sport stock that was cut short for an ugly, heavy adjustable unit several years ago. I've removed the unit and want to replace it with just an adjustable butt plate. I need to add about 2 1/2" with something that looks good....the adjustable butt and pad will add about 1 3/8", so I need to fill about 1 1/8" with something. I guess my options are....spacers, recoil unit, or some other adjustable unit. I really don't need a recoil unit, anyway ideas appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Timney sold an adjustable butt plate that you could also adjust the pitch. It was two aluminum plates 1/4 inch each. They didn't look to bad and gave a lot of adjustability.

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
To make up the length while have something functional, I'd put on ISIS device. So far this is the only one that I think doesn't ruin the look of a good looking stock.

P1070857.JPG

Reactions: Chris Covell

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would have a stockmaker craft an extension out of a contrasting hardwood. Most stockmakers can obtain different exotic woods and show you samples that would best match the current stock. If you ever want to sell the gun, you could decide on a large recoil unit at that time as the extension will be easy to remove without removing additional wood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts