Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO:
i just purchased a beautiful trap stock and the person who previously owned it installed a swivel. any ideas on how to either patch it so it looks presentable, or any other type of decorative type item i can place over it?
thanks,
steve balistreri

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Get some devcon clear two part epoxy. Mix up some with a little saw dust from the stock or a similar piece of wood and fill the hole. Put some paste wax on the stock around the hole to act as a release agent. Clean up the filled hole with some fine wet and dry sand paper. HMB

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Perhaps you could have one of those medallions installed that you engrave your initials on, assuming it is the butt stock. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
630 Posts
Find the threaded screw part of the swivel ( or buy one )and screw it back in-they don't look that bad esp the newer type.You can even place little white ( or other colors ) spacers between screw base and wood-they really don't look that bad if you leave the rest of swivel off and only the stud remains.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Very cheap and cool looking too...get a new plastic "bullseye" from Marlin )they will send you one free if you tell them yours fell out of your leveraction 336...drill the swivel hole the size of the bullseye..glue or epoxy it in the hole and carefully contour the little bit above wood level with a fingernail file and then a nail buffing board to blend it in perfectly

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
You could get some blued gun screws shaped so that they fit flat against the stock. They could be made to look like they were part of the gun that did something.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
519 Posts
Steve the easiest and in my opinion (you know how those are) way to fix this is to use a little button of ebony. Be careful in sanding down, apply a little finish, and you are done.

Mike

·
Registered
883 Posts
Do the Ebony. That looks decent,looks like it belongs & is unobtrusive. I can be finished outside the stock & set with a spot of wood glue

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
You can ask however you want...but I wasn't lying when I called because I actually had 3 Marlins that the bullseyes fell out of and when I asked to purchase new,..they just said don't worry about it..how many do you want?

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Ebony plugs are nice and I have used them. I also have a tube of black auto body small dent filler that hardens to the same color as ebony and all you have to do is put some in a hole and wipe it off. Even something like JB Weld can be mixed so that it hardens very black.

Pat Ireland

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.