Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for ideas for a trailer to carry speakers to and from the line. I want to use a trailer to transport 20 speakers - 4 sets..

Anyone have any pictures? I know there some ideas out there!

Scott Powell

North Lawrence Fish & Game

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
We hauled speakers with garden trailers for a while, but the trap help kept tipping them over and breaking the plastic speakers. We were losing money fast. We tried bungee cords and we tried a hand truck with a plywood baseplate and bungee cords. We now carry them out by hand. Slower but more secure. Mark

·
Registered
25,281 Posts
Northern Tool is having a sale on some of their ATV trailers.

·
Registered
Beretta TR1
558 Posts
Our club modified a small flat cart to hold 20 sets of speakers. Not sure about measurements, but 4 rows built on trailer will hold 5 speakers per row. The bottoms of the speakers slide into the grooves end to end.

james344_2012_0407.jpg

·
Registered
16,715 Posts
We built little carts that hold the whole biz and store them in large rubbermaid yard containers right on the field by the fence. We have skeet overlay, so under the steps to the high house is perfect.

If you must haul them away to another location the garden carts Home Depot or Northern Tool (shown) sells are dandy and can hold more than one system. A smaller club near us uses these with a little modification for stability.

HM

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great ideas! I'm trying to envision a rack that would allow 20 speakers to hang from underneath the speaker.. Some way to keep the speakers from banging into each other.. As some of you have said - speaker damage is costly and no matter how much we preach and supervise the trap help, they still seem to get beat up.

We currently strap them to the scorers chairs and wheel them out as one unit - I'm thinking if I can get two trailers - each one can haul speakers for 4 traps...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.