Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, the other day, while at a big shoot in the land of buckeyes, I saw a recognized female shooter do some thing to save money. I thought wow that’s ingenious and I will do that the next time on the road.
Instead of walking in with her cooler and trying to get ice out of the ice machine into the cooler, she used a plastic bag to take the ice to her car.

I always buy ice because I get frustrated with trying to get ice from the hotel ice machine into the cooler.

So let’s hear some great ideas on how to save some money on the road.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I often bring food and drinks from home or buy some groceries at a local store instead of buying food at the shoot.

I like to do this for two reasons, one, I save a few bucks and two, I have more control over what I'm eating instead of being at the mercy of food vendors or the club kitchen.

I try to eat light but often during a competition so I don't get bogged down and crappy feeling. That's not always easy to do when most vendors only serve "fair food"

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Banker you may save a few dollars on ice ,but to save some real money do this. Forget the expensive motel room,put some wine on ice and drink a lot of it after dark and sleep in your car.A easy hundred bucks savings.At the Grand in Vandalia a lot of guys had blankets and slept in the parking lots.The west parking lot was the favorite place.Another saving is to nurse yourself of the expensive Trap guns and get a Winchester Model 12.Follow in Devon Harris’s footsteps.
The only advise people follow is the one that they pay for,mine is free.
We miss you,shoot well.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
1 Shoot pinks up close ( 16s& doubles)
2 Travel with others to save gas.
3 Book reservations months in advance to get the discount.
4 Eat bologna .
5 Rent a house big enough for 6 or 8 and it will cut cost in half as compared to a motel.
6 BYOB
Well that's about it.
Almost forgot. No options.
Henry

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
BB,with all this great advise you are going to end up with a pile of cash. Remember that a fool and his money will be parted.Never spend more that 4 bucks a round for practice targets and you can move up to ham sandwiches nix the bologna sandwiches.
All of this started over a bag of ice. Cubes or crushed???

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sleeping in your car is miserable. If you’ll get enough use out of it, buy a used van. They can be made to be quite comfortable.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
You can save a lot of money by never betting on anything, and no more than two beers a night, even better - beer in the Motel/Hotel room. Set the cruise control to avoid tickets.
I'm too old to sleep in a poor bed, or eat bad food.
Choose your travelling partner carefully.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts