Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In today's WSJ, there is an article on custom ice fishing shacks that people in Minnesota have had built to fish out of. Boy, these things are nice. Costing from $30-50,000, some have flat screen TVs, queen size beds, poker tables, under water cameras, fish finders, fire places, stereo systems, tongue and groove woodwork, pathway lights so you don't fall in a hole at night and so on. I was impressed. You guys and gals up there must really enjoy your ice fishing. Charlie

·
Registered
671 Posts
The ones I have built here in N Mi are lucky to have heat and a 5 gallon bucket for a crapper. LOL

Of course we actually use ours for fishing.

·
Premium Member
18,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL.

·
Registered
20,332 Posts
My kid took his post Jan 6 and called a ferw days ago to tell me about the Ice 'shacks' out his back door. They are like the picture above and under that floor they use PVC tubing that is larger than the ice hole as a wind breaking insulating feature to keep the place fairly warm. Chris just drills ice holes, sets tip-ups, and retreats to his living room and watches the tip-ups through his window. He's getting a set of the electronic tip-up minders that call his i-phone when a fish bites. HeH.

He tells me he caught a Pike out from under the ice and that the neighbor kid had to help him with it. Teeth don't you know. Something over a 5 lber.

Don T

1 - 7 of 7 Posts