·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The employees at Tucson Trap and Skeet are some of the nicest I have ever met

Clays powder has amazingly low recoil

Tom Larkin works wonders with stocks

Can't go wrong with fig 8 wads

Is it still legal to have live pigeon shoots?

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
If you shoot 'em, you have to eat 'em.

When I was a kid you would hear a loud boom and an unfortuante squab would come tumbling off of the neighbors roof. Heard they liked too cook them on top of a pot of beans. Guess you should try it.

G

·
I got some of my best bird shooting practice shooting pigeons flying out of a loft. I used to do this a lot when I was a kid. I also learned what happens when you insert fingers on both triggers of a sxs. Didn't have to do that a second time!

ec90t

·
Registered
115 Posts
Piegon shooting is fun as long as your neighbor doesn't raise racing pigeons for a living........................

·
Registered
6 Posts
mecman,

My dad raced homers for over 50 years.....He really got to me one day on my aunt's farm while dove shooting. I dropped two from the sky and they both were banded.

He passed away three weeks ago. Now I have 75+ sky rats to get rid of. I will say this. He made enough gambling and selling birds to put me through college.

Tim

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have shot lots of Wood Pigeons here in Ireland. They are the best sport ever......fast, wily and not bad eating when you persevere. Slow cooked with fatty bacon works just fine.

nagantino

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.