Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A buddy of mine had one and put it on his gun and shot ducks with it. We don't know if it was the shot camera or not not but the barrel on the gun split right where the shot Cam was attached and blew it clean off
Interesting I doubt shooting ducks with it. My interest in it is if I get in a major rut I can see where my shot is compared to the clay.
But friends can do that for me also.
Friend may want to play with it.
Steve

· Premium Member
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve12,

Nice to see the members of your gun club recognized your efforts for your gun club and did a really thoughtful thing and gifted you a ShotKam. You must be so surprised.

PD
Not from my club. Lol.
I do what I can to help at the club. I appreciate the many that say thanks.
It is a place to get away from as much drama as possible. Lots of good people to enjoy life with.
Steve

· Registered
1,830 Posts
Not from my club. Lol.
I do what I can to help at the club. I appreciate the many that say thanks.
It is a place to get away from as much drama as possible. Lots of good people to enjoy life with.
Steve
I guess it is human nature to wonder who would have been so generous to bestow such a gift to you. I just assumed with all the good work you've been doing at your gun club it seemed logical. I guess I was wrong and it's the first time in 2021, there goes my perfect record.

PD

· Premium Member
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess it is human nature to wonder who would have been so generous to bestow such a gift to you. I just assumed with all the good work you've been doing at your gun club it seemed logical. I guess I was wrong and it's the first time in 2021, there goes my perfect record.

PD
I guess you could say I am a bit selfish about working so much at the gun club and doing my best to be active.
It helps me deal with PTSD. When I am not physically active my mind goes off track and I make many mental mistakes. Lately with my girlfriend in another state I have put too much time into this forum. She returned today so luckily for some there will be lest posting from me. Sleeping pills and Xanax aren't working tonight.
Thanks for your kind comments
Steve

· Registered
2,393 Posts
I see a lot of people try them once or twice and that is the end of it. It is another "tool" in the bag I guess but I think it is sort of like a lot of things we shooters have that we think will make us better shooters.

· Registered
986 Posts
Nice. I had one used for a few rounds and then sold it. I really liked it and it showed that when I was shooting I had a tendency to cant the gun slightly. Was able to correct that.
Pretty awesome tool though
Enjoy

Travis

· Registered
96 Posts
They are pretty amazing that they work as well as they do. It takes quite a bit of time though to download and review all the little videos they make. You really need an open sky background to see the shot well. Most of the places I shoot have trees so it doesn't show up very good. The crosshair is always visible though so if you have that adjusted correctly, it is easy to see where the gun was pointing.

Jerry

· Registered
602 Posts
You really need an open sky background to see the shot well. Most of the places I shoot have trees so it doesn't show up very good. The crosshair is always visible though so if you have that adjusted correctly, it is easy to see where the gun was pointing.
This, they make a big deal about the shot cloud being visible in some of their videos, but it doesn't really matter if you can see the shot. The crosshair on the video will show you where your gun was in relation to the bird. On the newer ones you can link up with your phone using wifi so you don't have to download the videos to a computer first.

There's some utility in having a video record to review to see if there are consistent general issues with your gun hold, movement, lead etc. If you've got a new shooter who has no idea where they're shooting it can be pretty handy to show them on video what they're doing. Also probably more useful for skeet or sporting shooters where there is a lot more gun movement and it's not practical to use a stationary device like a Garmin Xero.

On the other hand a good coach can tell you all the things a shotkam can and more. For trap, a Garmin Xero might be a better tool but is twice the price.

· Premium Member
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This, they make a big deal about the shot cloud being visible in some of their videos, but it doesn't really matter if you can see the shot. The crosshair on the video will show you where your gun was in relation to the bird. On the newer ones you can link up with your phone using wifi so you don't have to download the videos to a computer first.

There's some utility in having a video record to review to see if there are consistent general issues with your gun hold, movement, lead etc. If you've got a new shooter who has no idea where they're shooting it can be pretty handy to show them on video what they're doing. Also probably more useful for skeet or sporting shooters where there is a lot more gun movement and it's not practical to use a stationary device like a Garmin Xero.

On the other hand a good coach can tell you all the things a shotkam can and more. For trap, a Garmin Xero might be a better tool but is twice the price.
Ok I understand now about the cross hairs. Makes perfect sense
Thanks
Steve

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.