Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes "Dick" was on Pos 1 @ the 25 yard line and I was on Pos 5 @ the 26. Now after the first 2 posts I noticed that "Dick" did not move my caller to the 26 like I moved my caller back to the 25 for the shooter to my left. Now I figured maybe "Dick" doesn't know its a common courtesy to move the caller. So I say to "Dick"...Hey buddy I'm on the 26 yard line. "Dick" looks at me and says "are you ready to shoot" and never once moved my caller back to the 26.
Unbelievable!

· Premium Member
6,031 Posts
There have been threads about this very topic. I always thought it was proper to move the caller, and I do move the caller. But I was surprised by the number of shooters that prefer to move their own. It seems most folks adjust the position of the caller anyway once they reach their new post. So to me your experience may not be a matter of Dick being rude but just personal preference. Try not to read too much into it.

· Registered
13,510 Posts
Why should he. Chances are you'll end up moving it a certain spot on your yardage anyway. I know your way follows the proper protocol. But alas, there way too many new shooters in the sport today to get them to follow the ole protocal. sigh. Get used to it. I can't say I like it much, but it is what it is today. break em all Jeff

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
There is no mention of moving your squad mates speaker in the ATA rules.
Dick is correct to ask if your ready.
Sounds like it was Richard on 1 and a guy acting like a Dick on 5.

· Registered
118 Posts
Next time hit Dick with your purse. Or throw your shoe at him.

Nobody has to move my caller back to a more distant yard line for me. Would you stand there and watch him do it while changing stations? Do you tell him where you want it positioned? Thank him each station?

It used to be a gesture to the person to your left who might not be as experienced/accomplished to move it forward for them to save them from maybe a slight embarrassment and one less thing for them to have to think about.

· Premium Member
648 Posts
It is the shooter’s responsibility to shoot from their assigned yardage.. someone else moving the voice call for you may or may not place it on the correct yardage. Happens allot with short yardage folks and people who just got a reduction or a punch.. especially at clubs that do not have yardage marked on every post...yes it it courteous to move the voice call......but it is not required.

· Registered
644 Posts
Yes "Dick" was on Pos 1 @ the 25 yard line and I was on Pos 5 @ the 26. Now after the first 2 posts I noticed that "Dick" did not move my caller to the 26 like I moved my caller back to the 25 for the shooter to my left. Now I figured maybe "Dick" doesn't know its a common courtesy to move the caller. So I say to "Dick"...Hey buddy I'm on the 26 yard line. "Dick" looks at me and says "are you ready to shoot" and never once moved my caller back to the 26.
Unbelievable!
If you told me you were on the 26-yard line, I would have smiled at you and said "you need to shot better". As you can probably guess I do not move the other shooter's speaker.
Golf course guidelines during Covid stated that you do not remove the flagstick from the hole, or touch another player's equipment, and many assigned a single player to each cart. Maybe Dick is also a golfer?

· Registered
32 Posts
Unbelievable!
Oh the horror!

· Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 34” unsingle 0.031/34” Wilkinson o/u with a prosoft
1,687 Posts
I usually move for other people out of courtesy. But I would not get upset if someone didn’t move a speaker for me. That’s just part of it. Frankly, roadkiller, if you want someone who will move it for you, you may want to find a regular squad to shoot with or a group of 26 yarders so no one has to move mics.

Best of luck!

· Registered
586 Posts
Unbelievable!
Next you’ll be whining that he didn’t buy you lunch. Get over it. Worry about what you’re doing and not what others are or are not doing.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.