Trapshooters Forum banner

I shoot my remington 3200 the best but I need a different replacement

1857 13
I shoot my Remington model 3200 the best out of any trap gun I have owned, the only problem is a durability issue. I can't figure out exactly what it is about the 3200 that makes it work for me. It may be the lock time on the trigger amoung some other things. I have tried citori's, ljutics. browning 725's but I can always shoot a better score with the 3200. When I say I have tried shooting other guns I am talking about shooting 10K rounds plus with each of these guns over a whole season. But between the firing pin holes and the forearms coming loose and cracking it gets to be pretty frustrating trying to keep them going. I know the Krieghoff 32 and model 80 are similar looking but that is about the only thing. Does anyone have experience switching from a 3200 to another gun that felt and shot similar? I am open to suggestions
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,399 Posts
Deiter has just what you need......at a price.... And then you need to have them service it every year... for another sum..and hope to heck it doesn't break because nobody can work on them.
But boy, are they fine guns! (not kidding)
Jim

p.s. I have and shoot a 3200 once in a while but my main gun is a Kolar.

· Registered
1,749 Posts
The 3200 Remington was the only gun I have ever worn out. I looked and looked for a gun that felt the same. I finally settled on the MT6 and shot it extremely well. I now shoot K guns. The MT 6 is a very fine gun and still feels closer to the model 3200 than any gun I have ever shot.

Good luck Buster

· Registered
1,044 Posts
Laplander0, you could buy 2 or 3 more 3200s for less than a K or P will set you back. Why not look for a low mileage 3200 and keep shooting what you like? They are out there for sale if you look. Of the 8-10 of them I've had or have, only my son's has had to go to Pat for repair.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.