Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
On Friday, I received a letter from an elderly uncle who I have not seen in years. In his letter he enclosed a medal of my father's from the time he spent in WWll.

My father passed away roughly 12 years ago, and he fought and was wounded on Okinawa.

The medal that I received was my father's "Good Conduct Medal". The ribbon is the color red and has white stripes on the far left and far right of the ribbon.

In return, I wrote my uncle a thank you letter and I also told him that I appreciate this medal more than most, and in some small way it makes me feel a bit closer to my dad.

Friday was a indeed good day.
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Steve, That was a good day, you received a great gift from your uncle that is a great remembrance of your dad. And hopefully you can reconnect with your uncle.

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
That was nice of him Steve

Somehow when I was in the USAF I missed out on the good conduct medal LOL

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My uncle is in his 90's and lives with his daughter and son in law in Hawaii. Hopefully I can get there someday especially while he's still living.

My son and his wife are in town visiting from Stockholm. It was nice to show them the metal. They both thought the metal was really nice. They also liked that I actually got a real letter from someone rather than an email???????????
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts