Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm beginning to like my Remington 1100 synthetic Competition better than my Ljutic Mono. I bought one to shoot doubles, but that heavy barrel seems to get me to the targets a little smoother on everything (singles & handicap) than my old Mono that I've been shooting since 1989. Maybe, I've been just getting jerky in my ageing body or to complacent, but that competition model 1100 is sure smoothing me out, and possibly slowing me down a little. Sometimes, I think I'm a little to fast (lack of focus) and just keep trucking out front and to high on hard lefts and rights. Which when I miss, those are the targets that sail ....away. Started out with a Automatic. Now 41 years later I seem to be going back to an automatic......Oh well! What goes around comes around. Anyone interested in a couple of good Ljutic's?

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
shot410ga,

What you said brings to mind what my grandfather said about growing old as a man..."Once a man...twice a child.".

You're not alone with what you're experiencing. I used to shoot a 10 lb. gun in competition. Now I find myself shooting the lighter guns much better.

I used to think I was pretty tough, but I'm not sure I'm tough enough to become an "old man"!

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Some guys loose gun speed as they get older. The muscles and reflexs just aren't what they once were. A lighter gun may just be the ticket. Worked for me.

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
I would not be still shooting if I did not have the soft touch system on my trap gun, the recoil got to me also, the soft touch fixed that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts