Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've had enough of this lockdown, and have spent more time on my computer the last two months, than in the last ten years. I'm going to buy a new shotgun for trap. Don't need one, but I'm going to buy one. Shot Brownings the thirty years i have shot trap. I'm going to buy a new BT99 Plus. I'm shooting a BT99 Stainless from the 90's. Need opinions on the new Brownings. All opinion's will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Best bang bang for your buck. Browning CX or CXT. Suitable for any target game. If you are a taller and bigger fella go with 32" tubes.
When the itch is gone you won't get hurt to bad for re-sale.
Have a great time with what ever new toy you get.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Went thru a dozen sporting clays guns including a Krieghoff K80. Have settled in on a Browning 725 and the best of all of them.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Here was my progression-
BT99
Browning XT O/U
Bt100
Browning XT unsingle
Browning 725 unsingle.

I don't know what your budget is, but I would buy the 725 combo from Guns Unlimited. If not the combo, then just the unsingle.

I LOVE my 725 unsingle.
Doug

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have a new BT-99 plus that I shoot very well, and has a great feel to it. I think the BT-99 plus is a under estimated gun.

·
Premium Member
12,669 Posts
Not taking away from your success/happiness with Brownings, but why not make this a 'fun project' rather than just buying a new shotgun?

Go out and try all different types - Beretta, CG, Perazzi, Tri-Star, K-guns, etc. Sure, you may settle on another Browning, but you might find a new treasure that fits you perfectly and that shoots well...

Food for thought.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks to all for your replies. I would like to try other shotguns but here in southcentral Pa. Most all the clubs are not shooting yet as far as I know. Our trap league is on hold with the other nine clubs in the league. I'm close to Joel Etchin's and he is open, sine Westmoreland and surrounding counties went yellow. This is one of these choice's in life that are one of the few that doesn't cause me any stress, just happiness. This is one of these things where I don't need a new gun, I just want one. I'm going to be 70 this month, and no one is going to shed tears when I'm gone and then smile when the attorney reads the will. HA!!!

·
Premium Member
12,669 Posts
here in southcentral Pa. Most all the clubs are not shooting yet as far as I know.
I am down by Philly - open offer to let you try some of my toys - I can provide Browning, Beretta, CG, and some English guns. I am a member of several local clubs (Montgomery & Bucks Co.'s), and to a person the members will let you try their gun - happy to get you the introductions.

EDIT:
If you come east towards Harrisburg/Lancaster there are a LOT of gun shops - and not so many trap shooters... You can get some stunning deals in these small shops on used guns.

·
Registered
333 Posts
How could all you guys omit a good used Ljutic mono ? Just kidding , all the guns mentioned will fill the bill .

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
If you are that closer. Go to the Cardinal center in June and road test all the guns there. They have most of them to try

1 - 20 of 20 Posts