Trapshooters Forum banner

I HATE THIS WEATHER!!!! AAAHHGGGG!!!

3040 Views 34 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  SecondChance
My beautiful wife surprised me with a trip to Mississippi for an all expense paid trip for Valentines weekend. God bless her!! We are staying in a haunted mansion, built in 1856, civil war hospital. House took 5 cannon balls alone. Original windows and glass in 99% of the rooms. Hospitality and food is fantastic, no spookies yet. BUT!!!! We were scheduled to go home Monday. 600 mile drive. NNOOOOO!!
FLIPPN storm of the modern times has us pinned down like no bodies business. City is on curfew, emergency vehicles/personal only.
Love the building and staff, but watching TV all day, only bare basic,, can't go outside, ice/snow/sleet is 4" thick at the car on the street and are getting more as we speak. Running out of things to look at on ol interweb, wife even thinks l am even looking at her again she reaches for her hairpick!!!
Heck, even at home l could go load, clean weapons again, work on fishing stuff. Clean and put away decoys.
Sorry for the rant, but the wife is snoring and farting again, only 2 staff here, owner and 1 maid/cook. Hell, l even volunteered to do clean up work for owner and prepared dinner last for the owner, maid, wife n l and 1 other couple stuck here. Ran out of Captn last night!!!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
7,253 Posts
SecondChance, I feel for you. My best friend took his wife to Texas for a couple months to get out of the cold. They are sitting in a little house where they can only run the heat about 6 hours at a time because of electrical problems. The pipes froze and broke. The local store is out of food and they cannot travel much because fuel is not available. The local restaurant is rationing the little food they have. Credit cards are not accepted because no computers are running. He has cash and ammo, the two things the criminals in Washington are trying to eliminate.

Texans are tough, but they still struggle if winter lasts more than 12 hours.

Maybe you will meet a ghost 💀

· Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best thing is the owner lives walking distance as does the maid. Both have opened their freezers to us and l volunteered to cook for both in return for their hospitality to the 4 of us stuck here.

· Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it sucks. We were loading the SUV and then breakfast this AM. We took a look at the weather and saw another storm coming in about 3hrs. It would have had us up near Jackson when it hit, leaving us out on the road and maybe in a bad spot. Not to mention now having to find a place to stay in an area already hard hit by this weather.

· Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it has gotten worse now, MUCH!! TV just went black!!! "No Signal"!!!! Wife is keeping her hairpick in a lanyard around her neck now!!!! Well, at least the dinner was amazing and the bed is huge. She will get cold soon. Then want to snuggle.
Ah, WRONG!!! Loose the hairpick and come on baby, back on up!!! LMAO!!!

· Premium Member
21,609 Posts
So much for global warming. I hope Al Gore, ya know the guy that invent the internet, is freezing his nuts off. Oh yea, he don't have a pair. Well, I hope he is freezing his butt off.

· Premium Member
6,282 Posts
SecondChance - what part of MS are you stuck in? I live in the central part, NE of Jackson (DON'T LIVE IN Jackson LOL ) ...... this is unusual for us. A couple days ago we had winds like you see in South Dakota, sleet, ice and thunder and lighting all at the same time.
We are more prepared for a cat 5 hurricane or a tornado than an ice and snow storm. Things are not suppose to thaw until maybe Sunday

· Registered
296 Posts
Here in Raleigh, it's been a cold and wet this winter but no frozen stuff so far. However, the cold air from the mid-west has shifted eastward and is mixing with rain; the forecast is for up to 0.2" of ice forming on trees and power lines. Could be dicey.

We have a 22kw standby generator fed by natural gas, so no worries about loss of power. In the case of a power outage, it comes on and connects to the house, then shuts off and reconects the house to the grid, all automatically.

· Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
This event should get us all to say "climate CHANGE" rather than just a one direction move to "warming" everywhere.
That said, I am happy to have a 11K generator for as long as the propane lasts.
Stay healthy
Funny you say that. I just spoke to my propane company about upping my tank size for l am looking at getting a Generac 25-30K generator at my house. Have a perfect place for it. Easy hook-up to my propane line and close to my power box inside. Home insurance agent says no incentive for a power stand alone system. So OK, on my own.

Doc!, l am in Vicksburg. Lower part along the river.

Reactions: Doc!

· Registered
36,901 Posts
Just make sure you get a wind driven or solar powered generator, or AOC will be on your case. She said this would not have been such a problem if the New Green Deal was in full effect.

· Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If she is close enough to see what type of Generator l have, she will for sure be seeing something else that is not wind or solar powered closing in quickly!!! 137lbs of fawn colored Presa Canario. And thats the nicer of the 2 at my house!!!

· Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Doc!, l am in Vicksburg. Lower part along the river.
Know exactly where you are -- been there a bunch. Years ago I worked out of an office in Vicksburg -- up by the Ole Court House Museum ----
Vicksburg is probably the hilliest city in the area......... Steep climb up the street to get to Washington St.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.